Shuttle Tebrau: Woodlands CIQ to/from JB Sentral by Train

Shuttle Tebrau Redirect Button.png

This post is about the travel experience onboard the Shuttle Tebrau.

This is NOT the actual information page you are looking for.

Click here to visit the dedicated Shuttle Tebrau information page.

The dedicated page features the route map, train interior, timetable, fares, travel advisories and a walkthrough of the procedures for crossing the border via the Shuttle Tebrau.

The Woodlands CIQ – JB Sentral sector is now served by dedicated shuttle trains, known as the Shuttle Tebrau. All other KTM Intercity services will originate and terminate at JB Sentral, and will not proceed on to Woodlands CIQ. The journey time across the causeway on the Shuttle Tebrau takes just 5 minutes.

Tickets for continuing trains from JB Sentral may still be purchased from Woodlands CIQ ticket counter, but fares will still be charged in Singapore Dollars, number for number.

Woodlands Train Checkpoint Bus Access Map.png

Click here for directions to Woodlands Train Checkpoint.

trains1m2-shuttle-tebrau-02

One way fares from Woodlands CIQ go for SGD5. You may buy return tickets here too, for SGD10. Otherwise, head over to JB Sentral first to get the same ticket at RM5. Similarly, if you’re coming from JB Sentral, you can buy return tickets there for RM10.

ASC ex-AEC Interior 01

ASC Hyundai Interior 01

The interior of the Shuttle Tebrau. 4 coaches are attached, with either 60 or 74 seats per coach. 320 tickets are limited per train, so the ride will be more comfortable than previously when unlimited tickets are sold. This however means that not all who come at the last minute during peak hours may get a ticket to board the train.

*** Please read the advisory on ticket bookings at the dedicated Shuttle Tebrau information page. ***

Click here to visit the dedicated Shuttle Tebrau information page.

Crossing the causeway with ease. Don’t you wish you were on board too?

The causeway is usually packed during peak hours, both ways. Try the Shuttle Tebrau.

5 minutes after departing Woodlands, we have arrived at JB Sentral.

Immediately, boarding commences for the next departure to Woodlands CIQ.

Get your ticket at the JB Sentral ticket counter located just opposite JB City Square and KOMTAR JBCC. You will definitely pass by it when you are heading for the bus, so why not save your walking?

Tickets departing from JB Sentral will be charged in Malaysian Ringgit. RM5 for the journey back to Woodlands CIQ.

Proceed to Gate A on the left for boarding.

If you are coming from another train and transferring to the Shuttle Tebrau, follow the signs from the concourse.

Proceed to Gate A on the right to wait for the Shuttle Tebrau.

After clearing immigration and customs, the waiting hall has seats and toilets if the train is not ready, but most of the time you can head straight for the train.

The Shuttle Tebrau operates with 2 locomotives, one on each end which saves time for rounding the engines at both end stations.

A short experience of the ride from JB Sentral to Woodlands CIQ.

Fares

What is the best ticket combination I can buy for the Shuttle Tebrau?

From Woodlands CIQ to JB Sentral (one way)
Easybook: S$5
12Go Asia: S$5
BusOnlineTicket: S$5
KTM E-Ticket System: RM16 + RM2 booking fee
KTM Intercity Counter: S$5

From Woodlands CIQ to JB Sentral (return/two ways)

Easybook: S$5 + RM5
12Go Asia: S$5 + RM5
BusOnlineTicket: S$5 + RM5
KTM E-Ticket System: Unavailable
KTM Intercity Counter: S$10

From JB Sentral to Woodlands CIQ (one way)

Easybook: RM5
12Go Asia: RM5
BusOnlineTicket: RM5
KTM E-Ticket System
: RM5 + RM2 booking fee
KTM Intercity Counter: RM5

From JB Sentral to Woodlands CIQ (return/two ways)

Easybook: RM5 + S$5
12Go Asia: RM5 + S$5
BusOnlineTicket: RM5 + S$5
KTM E-Ticket System: Unavailable
KTM Intercity Counter: RM10

Journey Experiences

KTM Train Ticket Booking Methods

Tickets are open for sale 180 days before departure except for the Shuttle Tebrau which opens 30 days before departure.

Hotel Booking

Attractions Booking

How do I book tickets online?

Links to the KTM E-Ticket System are strikethroughed due to KTM’s own admission of the instability of their system here after Prime Minister Najib Razak personally posted on Facebook that there is such an issue here. Proceed using the KTM E-Ticket System at your own risk.

Shuttle Tebrau Redirect Button.png

This post is about the travel experience onboard the Shuttle Tebrau.

This is NOT the actual information page you are looking for.

Click here to visit the dedicated Shuttle Tebrau information page.

Advertisements

73 thoughts on “Shuttle Tebrau: Woodlands CIQ to/from JB Sentral by Train

1. yuzi says:

Your on line booking is suck. It is not user friendly. Itried many times but to no avail. It asked for passeger detail but i could not possibly click to insert my name. I dont knoe how you do business. moreover there is no on line call service for to call to find out seats availability

• RailTravel Station says:

For the Shuttle Tebrau, yes, as they collect the A4 paper for e-tickets. If you forget to print it, take down the ticket number and reprint it at the ticket counter, but this is not advisable as you will have to queue at the counter.

All other trains accept a .pdf copy of your ticket flashed on your mobile phone or through downloading your ticket from the KTM Mob Ticket app.

• RailTravel Station says:

As mentioned above, for the Shuttle Tebrau, they collect the A4 paper for e-tickets. If you forget to print it, take down the ticket number and reprint it at the ticket counter, but this is not advisable as you will have to queue at the counter. But you can try to flash the ticket on your phone, if it works, please comment back here so I can update the post.

2. Sabrina Tan says:

I have extra tickets near chinese new year period for grab. Booked them online for my family but our traveling timings have changed so I just did not want to waste them

9 feb 2016 JB sentral- Woodlands 10.15pm. 3 tickets
    12 feb 2016 Woodlands-JB sentral 6.45pm. 2 tickets

If interested, pls comment on this post
    Only the above tickets available. Not for other enquiries. Thanks

3. Nurzahirah says:

Hi. I am trying to purchase tickets for shuttle to JB tomorrow. But the page doesn not navigate to the next page after I entered the origin & destination & date of travel. It just stays on the page. How to buy the tickets then?

4. goh says:

Tried several times going online to the ktmb website to book but it fails. It keeps asking me to fill up the passenger name and nric/pp details which I did. very very frustrating using this system.
    anyone can let me know what is wrong?

• RailTravel Station says:

Choose your so-called “seat” after that. Under coach label, choose . , .. , – or — , followed by any seat number.This is just for the system to deduct the number of tickets sold. The actual situation on the train will be free seating. After that is done, click save and proceed to payment.

5. Pauline Chia says:

The system asked me to select “Slot Available”, but when I selected it, the system just can’t open it for me to select. It kept repeatedly asking me to key it passenger’s name, I/C or passport number and slot number???? I have been keying in over and over again going nowhere. Can someone help me pls? Extremely frustrating!!! Train takes 5 mins to reach JB Central but keying in takes 2 hrs yet not booked 😖😖😖

6. Leonardo Tommy Dacu says:

Just want to confirm. The train from JB Sentral to KL Sentral seems to sold out very fast or something wrong with the schedule? Is it really sold out very fast (Senandung Sutera – 22.30). Thank you.

7. bunga says:

hi 🙂
    I wanna ask about shuffle train
    I Wanna go to KL sentral from singapore
    i will take woodlands-jb sentral on 22.00-22.05
    then, I’ll continue JB Sentral-KL sentral on 22:30-7.00
    Do you think, it is enough time for me to transfer the train ?
    then, where is immigration Malaysia take place over ?
    is it on the board from woodlands-jb sentral or the immigration at JB Sentral before I board to train to KL sentral ?
    looking forward for your reply 🙂

8. Eddy says:

I don’t get it why we are not allowed to stand in the train. And it’s only a five minute ride. More people could take the train if we were allowed to stand, and this would definitely help ease the jam at the causeway. Other short journey trains in Malaysia do not have this policy..

9. Wilson Tan says:

I tried to make a booking on the KTMB website but encountered a problem. I clicked on “Slot Available” at the Seat Detail page but nothing happened. Please advise. Thanks.

10. Josephine says:

Any idea if the ktm ticketing office at JB sentral open on Saturday night? Want to buy return ticketing when reach there on Saturday 8pm.

11. Jessy says:

Is it possible asking my friend who lives near the JB Sentral to help buy ktm ticket in advance at the ktm ticketing counter? Cost RM10 for round trip correct? It can be bought 30 days before departure date right?

12. CW says:

None of the mentioned websites are working. I tried to buy tickets online for the Shuttle Tebrau but all 3 websites (Easybook, 12GoAsia, KTM) are not able to display any available tickets. I searched within 30 days before the departure date.

13. Rachel says:

Why it only show “slot not available” when I click the time I want? Yet, for the same day different time only got available coach. Btw, really appreciated ur helpful information.

14. Suewan says:

I have been trying for the longest time to book a tix for my daughter. I was successful in purchasing my tix. The message given was internal error. Is it possible to get the tix on the day of travel which happens to be at 8 am tomorrow? From the website, I could see that tickets are available.

15. JBfwd says:

Hi. Am trying to ensure I give myself enough time to get to Woodlands so that I don’t miss my train to JB Sentral. Are there long queues for the buses from Marsiling MRT Station to Woodlands Train Checkpoint? Roughly how long does the bus ride from Marsiling MRT Station to the Woodlands Train Checkpoint take? Not sure if there’ll be nasty jams along the way.

Thanks very much for your detailed posting. It is extremely helpful; getting a good idea of the process/details from you has made me decide to take the train instead of the bus to JB. I bought tics through the easybook.com link on your website and it was a breeze.

Will check out your other postings for inspiration on train journeys to farther destinations. 🙂