ETS Gold offers a limited-stop service at major stations along the route it serves. It is the most common service class of ETS. Trains run as far south as Gemas, and as far north as Padang Besar to connect with shuttle trains to Hat Yai, Thailand.
ETS services use the 91 Class and 93 Class train sets interchangeably, though the 91 Class train sets operate most frequently on ETS Gold services between KL Sentral and Ipoh, and 93 Class train sets on all other routes.
Interior of 91 Class
All KL Sentral – Ipoh trains except 9303dn and 9312up.
Interior of 93 Class
All KL Sentral – Padang Besar trains.
All KL Sentral – Butterworth trains.
KL Sentral – Ipoh train number 9303dn and 9312up only.
All KL Sentral – Gemas trains.
ETS Gold Seating Plans
Due to low to zero popularity, and even complains at times, seating plans are no longer available. Please contact KTM Berhad for any seat enquiries.
Due to to zero popularity (ie. 1 click on average per day), and even complains at times, RailTravel Station’s integrated timetables are no longer available.
Timetables from KTM’s website effective 1 August 2017
- Gemas – Padang Besar – Gemas
- Gemas – Butterworth – Gemas
- KL Sentral – Ipoh – KL Sentral
- JB Sentral – Tumpat – JB Sentral
- JB Sentral – Woodlands – JB Sentral
Links attached are no longer hosted on Google Drive as RailTravel Station is too often confused with the timetable provider instead of KTM. Should the links be down, it is on KTM’s servers and not on mine.
Fares from KTM’s website
- ETS Gold: Kuala Lumpur to Gemas by Train
- ETS Gold: Kuala Lumpur to Butterworth and Padang Besar by Train
- Day 39: ETS Gold from Butterworth to Kuala Lumpur
- Day 40: ETS Gold from Kuala Lumpur to Gemas
- ETS Gold: Kuala Lumpur to Butterworth by Train
- ETS Gold: (JB Sentral and) Gemas to Kuala Lumpur by Night Train
- Ekspres Selatan x ETS Gold: Johor Bahru to Kuala Lumpur via Pulau Sebang (Tampin) by Train
- ETS Gold x Ekspres Selatan x Shuttle Tebrau: Kuala Lumpur to Singapore by “Night Train”
- ETS Gold: Ipoh to Kuala Lumpur by Train
KTM Train Ticket Booking Methods
- KTM Intercity counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from BusOnlineTicket
- Online from Easybook
Online from the KTM E-Ticket System (additional RM2 surcharge)UNSTABLE: Proceed at your own risk.
Tickets are open for sale 30 days before departure.
How do I book tickets online?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for Easybook.
Click here for a step-by-step guide to the KTM E-Ticket System.UNSTABLE: Proceed at your own risk.
Links to the KTM E-Ticket System are strikethroughed due to KTM’s own admission of the instability of their system here after Prime Minister Najib Razak personally posted on Facebook that there is such an issue here. Proceed using the KTM E-Ticket System at your own risk.
The ETS Gold to or from Butterworth is full. How do I still get on the ETS Gold?
Click on the image to enlarge.
Book your ticket to or from Parit Buntar instead. Use the KTM Komuter Northern Sector to travel between Butterworth and Parit Buntar, interchanging at Bukit Mertajam.