The ETS Platinum offers the fastest service on KTM’s network with minimal stops at only key stations along its route. Trains currently ply from Butterworth to KL Sentral, and between KL Sentral and Padang Besar.
Interior of 93 Class
ETS Platinum Seating Plans
Singapore to Bangkok by Train
Timetables from KTM’s website effective 18 December 2017
- Gemas – KL Sentral – Ipoh – Butterworth
- Gemas – KL Sentral – Ipoh – Padang Besar
- Gemas – KL Sentral – Ipoh – Butterworth – Padang Besar
- KL Sentral – Ipoh
- JB Sentral – Tumpat
- JB Sentral – Gemas – Pulau Sebang (Tampin)
- JB Sentral – Woodlands CIQ
Links attached are no longer hosted on Google Drive as RailTravel Station is too often confused with the timetable provider instead of KTM. Should the links be down, it is on KTM’s servers and not on mine.
Fares from KTM’s website
Video courtesy of Dinie Razin.
Note: From 1 February 2017, all ETS trains including ETS Platinum services will make the journey between KL Sentral and Butterworth in more than 4 hours.
KTM Train Ticket Booking Methods
- KTM Intercity counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from BusOnlineTicket
- Online from Easybook
Online from the KTM E-Ticket System (additional RM2 surcharge)UNSTABLE: Proceed at your own risk.
Tickets are open for sale 30 days before departure.
- Klook (Get FREE $4.30*/RM13.00* voucher for your first purchase when you sign up here! *subject to exchange rate)
How do I book tickets online?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for Easybook.
Click here for a step-by-step guide to the KTM E-Ticket System.UNSTABLE: Proceed at your own risk.
Links to the KTM E-Ticket System are strikethroughed due to KTM’s own admission of the instability of their system here after Prime Minister Najib Razak personally posted on Facebook that there is such an issue here. Proceed using the KTM E-Ticket System at your own risk.
The ETS Platinum to or from Butterworth is full. How do I still get on the ETS Platinum?
Click on the image to enlarge.
Book your ticket to or from Taiping instead. Use the KTM Komuter Northern Sector to travel between Butterworth and Taiping, interchanging at Bukit Mertajam.