IRCON YDM4 6000 Series Locomotive
The IRCON YDM4 6000 Series locomotive is the staple of the Royal Railway, operating on freight and passenger routes throughout the Kingdom. The 10 leased locomotives currently in operation in Cambodia formerly operated in Malaysia for KTM Berhad, leased from Indian Railways and built by Diesel Locomotive Works in Varanasi, India. The YDM4 locomotives kept the Indian Railways locomotive classification system and numbers on lease in Malaysia and in Cambodia where Y stood for metre gauge, D for diesel and M for mixed loads.
The IRCON YDM4 6000 Series locomotives ceased operations for KTM Berhad since early 2016, and 10 of them were sent to Cambodia from Malaysia in May 2019. Click here for more information about the YDM4 in Malaysia.
IRCON YDM4 6000 Series Fleet List
YDM 6343 at Jerantut Railway Station, Malaysia.
YDM 6428 at Tanjung Pagar Railway Station, Singapore.
YDM 6535 arriving at Kempas Baru Railway Station, Malaysia.
YDM 6546 delivering the Ekspres Peninsular empty rake into Kempas Baru Railway Station, Malaysia.
YDM 6561 passing through Bukit Timah Railway Station, Singapore.
YDM 6633 awaiting for crossing at Bukit Timah Railway Station, Singapore.
YDM 6635 passing through Gombak Gate, Singapore.
YDM 6657 hauling the Eastern & Oriental Express, passing through Bukit Timah Railway Station, Singapore.
YDM 6663 at Romeas Railway Station.
YDM 6697 at JB Sentral Railway Station, Malaysia.
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Diesel Locomotives
- ČKD Praha Bde410 Series Locomotive
- ČKD Praha BB1010 Series Locomotive
- Alsthom BB1050 Series Locomotive
- CRRC Qishuyan CKD6D BB1060 Series Locomotive
- IRCON YDM4 6000 Series Locomotive
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Diesel Multiple Units (DMU)
- Waggonfabrik Uerdingen DMU ZZ800 Series // Royal Railway Cambodia
- Ferrovías del Bajío DMU AS1000 Series (Mexican DMU) // Royal Railway Cambodia
- Hitachi RHN DMU // Royal Railway Cambodia
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Passenger Coaches
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Ticket Booking Methods
- Ticket counters in Royal Railway stations
- Phnom Penh: 078 888 582
- Takeo: 099 222 533
- Kampot: 099 222 566
- Sihanoukville: 099 222 544
- Online from Baolau
- Online from Easybook
Tickets are open for sale 7 days before departure for direct bookings through Royal Railway, and around 14 to 21 days before departure for online agent bookings.
For online bookings through Baolau, print your confirmation at home and get it exchanged for the actual boarding pass at the station’s ticket counter on the day of your travel.
Boarding Process for Tickets booked through Baolau
- Make a booking on Baolau.
- Baolau receives confirmation from Royal Railway.
- Baolau then sends you the confirmation email with numbered seat within 24 hours.
- Print the email confirmation and exchange it for the boarding pass at the station before departure.
- The staff on train will check the boarding pass and take it away.
Boarding Process for Tickets booked through Easybook
- Make a booking on Easybook.
- Easybook sends you the confirmation email with numbered seat.
- Show the printed or digital email confirmation on the train.
- Day 33: Royal Railway – Phnom Penh Royal Railway Station
- Royal Railway Airport Shuttle Train: Phnom Penh International Airport to Phnom Penh Railway Station by Train
- Royal Railway (PP-SHV): Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville by Train
- Royal Railway (SHV-PP): Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh by Train
- Royal Railway Airport Shuttle Train (AIRPORT-PP 16:35 PM): Phnom Penh International Airport to Phnom Penh Railway Station by Airport Express Train
- Royal Railway Phnom Penh – Poipet Line (PNH-PS-BB-SS-PP 07:15 AM): Phnom Penh to Poipet by Train
- Booking Royal Railway (Cambodia) Tickets on Baolau
- Booking Royal Railway (Cambodia) Tickets on Easybook
- Royal Railway (Cambodia) Official Website
- Royal Railway (Cambodia) Official Facebook Page
- Trains and Railways Cambodia’s Facebook Group (Unofficial, more useful discussion site)