Dabong Railway Station is a recently popular and viral place to visit among local Malaysians during this Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) period.
Even before COVID-19, Dabong Railway Station is the most popular railway station served by the Shuttle Timur train based on passenger numbers, and arguably also the most important function of the Shuttle Timur train, transporting children from villages or kampungs along the East Coast Line without proper or efficient road access to and from their local primary and secondary school (Sekolah Kebangsaan & Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan) every weekday without fail from Sunday to Thursday, except school and public holidays.
Dabong is the education hub for children living along the East Coast Line.
Dabong Railway Station Train Services
Dabong Railway Station‘s Unique Travel Pattern
School children from kampungs south of Dabong arrive by Shuttle Timur 52 at 7.30am for school and return on Shuttle Timur 57 at 5.54pm after school. This travel option is, however, not as heavily used as kampungs south of Dabong like Kemubu, Sri Mahligai, Jerek and Bertam have other school options nearer to home.
Children will board the Shuttle Timur train coaches by gender. It is respectful to follow them if boarding together with or after them, though not necessary, especially if you had taken your seat before they have boarded the train.
Shuttle Timur Route Map
Peta Laluan Shuttle Timur
How to go to Dabong from Tumpat, Wakaf Bharu, Pasir Mas, or Tanah Merah for a day trip
The most popular train for tourists visiting Dabong from northern Kelantan towns such as Tumpat, Wakaf Bharu, Pasir Mas, or Tanah Merah is by Shuttle Timur 55dn.
The departure times for the Shuttle Timur 55dn at key stations to Dabong are as follows:
- Tumpat Railway Station: 10.20am
- Wakaf Bharu Railway Station: 10.36am
- Pasir Mas Railway Station: 10.53am
- Tanah Merah Railway Station: 11.25am
How to go from Dabong back to Tumpat, Wakaf Bharu, Pasir Mas, or Tanah Merah for a day trip
The most popular train for tourists visiting Dabong returning to northern Kelantan towns such as Tumpat, Wakaf Bharu, Pasir Mas, or Tanah Merah is by Shuttle Timur 60up.
The arrival times for the Shuttle Timur 60up at key stations from Dabong are as follows:
- Tanah Merah Railway Station: 8.23pm
- Pasir Mas Railway Station: 8.55pm
- Wakaf Bharu Railway Station: 9.12pm
- Tumpat Railway Station: 9.31pm
Shuttle Timur Fares
Tambang Shuttle Timur
- Shuttle Timur fares stated are in Ringgit Malaysia (RM) for adults. Check directly with KTM Berhad for all other fares.
- Shuttle Timur fares are estimated based on past published AEC TVL fares which may or may not be accurate for the current Shuttle Timur train service.
- The Shuttle Timur fares published by KTM Berhad (if any) should always take precedence. This table is provided just for reference.
- Shuttle Timur tickets cannot be pre-booked. Just show up to the railway station to buy your ticket. If boarding from an unmanned station or halt, buy your ticket from the ticket checker (TC) on board.
- In the rare case of overcrowding, Shuttle Timur tickets will not be available for sale on certain sectors.
KTM East Coast Line Access from Kuala Lumpur
How to go to Dabong from Kuala Lumpur on an overnight trip
Kuala Lumpur (KL Sentral) to Dabong via Gemas
The geographically longer train journey from Kuala Lumpur (KL Sentral) to Dabong via Gemas are as follows:
1st Train: Depart by ETS Gold 9425dn
The KTM train fare from KL Sentral to Gemas costs from RM29 for ETS Gold and onwards, depending on date of booking, date of travel, and general demand (dynamic pricing).
⇋ 2nd Train: Depart by Ekspres Rakyat Timuran 26up
Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Pekeliling, Titiwangsa) to Dabong via Kuala Lipis
The geographically shorter train + bus journey from Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Pekeliling, Titiwangsa) to Dabong via Kuala Lipis are as follows:
1st Journey: Depart by Pahang Lin Siong Express Bus
- Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Pekeliling, Titiwangsa): 7.30pm
- Kuala Lipis Bus Terminal ≈ 11.00pm (estimated)
The Pahang Lin Siong Express Bus arrives at Kuala Lipis Bus Terminal at approximately 11.00pm where it terminates.
The Pahang Lin Siong Express Bus bus fare from Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Pekeliling, Titiwangsa) to Kuala Lipis costs RM14.
⇋ 2nd Journey: Depart by Shuttle Timur 50up/52up
How to go from Dabong back to Kuala Lumpur on an overnight trip
Due to timetabling issues not meeting smooth bus transfers, the Ekspres Rakyat Timuran 27dn minimises waiting time at Kuala Lipis, hence it applies for both options via Kuala Lipis or Gemas when travelling back from Dabong to Kuala Lumpur.
1st Train: Depart by Ekspres Rakyat Timuran 27dn
⇋ Kuala Lipis Transfer Option: Depart by Pahang Lin Siong Express Bus
- Kuala Lipis Bus Terminal: 6.30am
- Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Pekeliling, Titiwangsa) ≈ 10.00am (estimated)
The Pahang Lin Siong Express Bus arrives at Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Pekeliling, Titiwangsa) at approximately 10.00am where it terminates.
The Pahang Lin Siong Express Bus bus fare from Kuala Lipis to Kuala Lumpur (Jalan Pekeliling, Titiwangsa) costs RM14.
⇋ Gemas Transfer Option: Depart by ETS Gold 9420up
The KTM train fare from Gemas to KL Sentral costs from RM29 for ETS Gold and onwards, depending on date of booking, date of travel, and general demand (dynamic pricing).
Timetables from KTM’s website effective 29 July 2020
Jadual waktu dari laman web KTM berkuatkuasa 29 Julai 2020
ETS Northbound Timetable
- KL Sentral ► Ipoh
- KL Sentral ► Ipoh ► Butterworth
- KL Sentral ► Ipoh ► Padang Besar
- Gemas ► KL Sentral ► Ipoh ► Butterworth
- Gemas ► KL Sentral ► Ipoh ► Padang Besar
ETS Southbound Timetable
- Ipoh ► KL Sentral
- Butterworth ► Ipoh ► KL Sentral
- Padang Besar ► Ipoh ► KL Sentral
- Butterworth ► Ipoh ► KL Sentral ► Gemas
- Padang Besar ► Ipoh ► KL Sentral ► Gemas
KTM Intercity Northbound Timetable
- JB Sentral ► Gemas
- JB Sentral ► Gemas ► Kuala Lipis ► Gua Musang ► Dabong ► Tumpat
- Kuala Lipis ► Gua Musang ► Dabong ► Tumpat
KTM Intercity Southbound Timetable
- Gemas ► JB Sentral
- Tumpat ► Dabong ► Gua Musang ► Kuala Lipis ► Gemas ► JB Sentral
- Tumpat ► Dabong ► Gua Musang ► Kuala Lipis
Shuttle Tebrau (NO TRAIN SERVICE)
- JB Sentral ► Woodlands CIQ
- Woodlands CIQ ► JB Sentral
Links attached are no longer hosted on Google Drive as RailTravel Station is too often confused with the timetable provider instead of KTM. Should the links be down, it is on KTM’s servers and not on mine.
Link yang dilampirkan tiada lagi di dapati di Google Drive, di atas sebab RailTravel Station terlalu kerap memuatnaik jadual perjalanan keretapi berbanding KTM. Sekiranya link tiada lagi berfungsi, ia kemungkinan berpunca dari khidmat jaringan KTM dan bukan berpunca dari website RailTravel Station.
KTM Train Ticket Booking Methods
Kaedah Tempahan Tiket Keretapi KTM
- KTM Intercity counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from Baolau
- Online from BusOnlineTicket
- Online from Easybook
- Online from the KTM E-Ticket System for travel from now till 14 October 2020 only
- Online from the KTMB Integrated Ticketing System (KITS) for travel from 15 October 2020 onwards
Tickets are open for sale in set periods about 60 days before departure except for the Shuttle Tebrau which opens 30 days before departure.
Tiket akan dibuka untuk dijual dalam jangka masa kira-kira 60 hari sebelum berlepas kecuali Shuttle Tebrau yang dibuka 30 hari sebelum berlepas.
- Klook (Get FREE S$5/RM15 voucher for your first purchase when you sign up here! *subject to exchange rate)
How do I book KTM train tickets online?
Bagaimanakah saya menempah tiket tren KTM dalam talian?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for Easybook.
To contact KTM Berhad:
Phone: +60 3 2267 1200