Prime Steakhouse by Mark Best Western Australia Set Menu
Dream Cruises’ World Dream in Singapore had a Western Australia Adventures themed cruise from 19 September to 6 November 2021 with Western Australia food, photo spots, an Amazing Race, and 10 Western Australia Balcony Staterooms specifically re-created on World Dream, to inspire guests to experience the land “Down Under”.
At Prime Steakhouse by Mark Best, themed Western Australia Set Menus were available at lunch and dinner, and I had the privilege to try one out.
Western Australia Set Menu
True to its namesake of Prime Steakhouse and Seafood Grill, two 4-course menus are offered. Both menus cost S$100 + 18% service charge.
Two seafood menus were available, a Lobster & Prawn Pasta Linguini which sounded good to me, and a Poached Alaskan Cod Fish with Grated Bottarga.
On the steak side of the menu, there was an Australian Wagyu Beef Short Ribs with Black Pepper Sauce, Roasted Beet Root, Glazed Carrot, and Mashed Potato, and a Baked Salmon Fillet.
I was torn between getting the Lobster & Prawn Linguini and Australian Wagyu Beef Short Ribs. However, the waiter informed me that the sides and desserts were not exchangeable, unlike the regular set menus, so that sealed the deal of Australian Wagyu Beef Short Ribs for me.
As usual in Prime Steakhouse and Seafood Grill, the meal starts with some bread and pork cold cuts immediately after orders are taken.
The first course of the Western Australia Set Menu starts off with a Caesar Salad. Compared with the regular Caesar Salad in the regular set menu, the crispy prosciutto comes in bigger slices.
Lobster Bisque with Pernod Flavour
Next was the Lobster Bisque with Pernod Flavour. This was presented in a soup plate, as compared to a regular soup bowl in the regular set menu. This was smooth, with small chunks of lobster meat in the soup too.
The Western Australia Set Menu includes a glass of Australian wine to pair, included in the price of the set menu. With my Australian Wagyu Beef Short Ribs, I went for red wine.
Australian Wagyu Beef Short Ribs
And here’s the star of the show – Australian Wagyu Beef Short Ribs.
The beef was very tender, nicely medium to medium well, thanks to what I think is a braise. The black pepper sauce was surprisingly on the sweet side, but went well with the ribs. This was a refreshing change to the typical grilled steaks I’ve had at Prime Steakhouse by Mark Best since January.
New York Cheese Cake
The meal ended with a New York Cheese Cake with Mixed Berries Compote.
Whistlers Milk Chocolate Pretzels
As I was about to leave, the waiter brought over a pack of Whistler’s Chocolate Company Milk Chocolate Pretzels to take back, concluding the Western Australia Set Menu at Prime Steakhouse by Mark Best.
The Western Australia Set Menu on board World Dream’s Prime Steakhouse by Mark Best is a nice themed alternative to the regular set menus. The menu fits the overall theme on board the ship at the time of my sailing and it’s nice to have a taste of Western Australia on board the cruise while Western Australia itself remains closed. (The Australia opening / Singapore VTL only allows travel to and from New South Wales and Victoria when you combine both the terms and conditions together.)
However, do note that the Western Australia Set Menu is not interchangeable when having it as a Palace set menu as part of the Palace entitlement of an inclusive restaurant.
Thank you Dream Cruises Singapore for this taste of Western Australia on my cruise!
World Dream Super Seacation Cruise To Nowhere
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina South Pier MRT Station to Marina Bay Cruise Centre by Bus
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to Marina South Pier, Downtown & Tanjong Pagar MRT Stations
- Dream Cruises Free Shuttle Bus Service from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to HarbourFront Centre / Singapore Cruise Centre
- COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test & Boarding Procedures at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- Interior Stateroom with Single Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Queen-Sized Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Aft Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Balcony Deluxe Stateroom (with bathtub)
- The Palace (Tour)
- All-Inclusive Free Dining & Additional Specialty Restaurants
- WiFi, Facilities, Activities & Entertainment
- DreamElite Member Free Drinks and Discounted Drinks Packages
- Disembarkation & COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: Priority COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, Check-In & Boarding Lounge at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: On-Board Upgrade from Balcony Stateroom to Palace Suite
- The Palace: Palace Suite with Queen-Sized Bed
- The Palace: Palace Suite with with Twin Beds
- The Palace: All-Inclusive Free Premium Specialty Restaurants
- The Palace: Exclusive Palace Facilities including 24 Hour Dedicated Butler
- The Palace: Priority Disembarkation at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- World Dream Halal-Friendly Cruise To Nowhere: Asia Pacific’s First Halal-Friendly Cruise Ship
- Rhythm of Korea Themed Cruise (21 February to 30 March 2021)
- Amazing Thailand Themed Cruise (31 March to 16 June 2021)
- World Dream: Cruising during Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) at 25% Capacity
- Wonders of Japan Themed Cruise (20 June to 18 September 2021)
- World Dream: Bridge Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Galley Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Medical Centre Tour with COVID-19 Response Plan [Exclusive!]