The Thaksinarath is a daily Special Express train plying between Bangkok and Hat Yai. This service is formed of new CRRC-manufactured coaches. The Thaksinarath commenced service on 2 December 2016.
Thaksinarath Route Map
Thaksinarath Train Consist
Thaksinarath Journey Experiences
Video courtesy of Dinie Razin.
- Special Express 31 Thaksinarath: Bangkok Hua Lamphong to Hat Yai Junction by the Best Train in Thailand
Singapore to Bangkok by Train
State Railway of Thailand Train Timetables
Thailand Train Timetables from SRT’s Website
Thailand Train Ticket Booking Methods
- SRT counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from Baolau
- Online from Easybook
- Online from the SRT D-Ticket System (additional 30 baht surcharge)
One of the most useful things about 12Go Asia is that they will create joint tickets for you, so you could actually make a single booking from Bangkok to Singapore and vice-versa.
Tickets are open for sale 60 days before departure.
How do I book SRT train tickets online?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for Easybook.
State Railway of Thailand Contact
Timetable & Fares
Phone: 1690 (24 hours)