ETS Gold offers a limited-stop service at major stations along the route it serves. It is the most common service class of ETS. Trains run as far south as Gemas, and as far north as Padang Besar to connect with shuttle trains to Hat Yai, Thailand.
ETS services use the 91 Class and 93 Class train sets interchangeably, though the 91 Class train sets operate most frequently on ETS Gold services between KL Sentral and Ipoh, and 93 Class train sets on all other routes.
Interior of 91 Class
Interior of 93 Class
The train may, in rare occasions, travel in the opposite direction ie. Coach A at the northbound end and Coach F at the southbound end.
Seating Plan of 91 Class
Seating Plan of 93 Class
Timetable from KTM’s website effective 1 February 2017
- KTM Intercity: Shuttle Tebrau
- KTM Intercity: JB Sentral – Gemas – Tumpat
- ETS: Gemas – KL Sentral – Butterworth
- ETS: Gemas – KL Sentral – Padang Besar
- ETS: KL Sentral – Ipoh
Fares from KTM’s website
- ETS Gold: Kuala Lumpur to Gemas by Train
- ETS Gold: Kuala Lumpur to Butterworth and Padang Besar by Train
- Day 39: ETS Gold from Butterworth to Kuala Lumpur
- Day 40: ETS Gold from Kuala Lumpur to Gemas
- ETS Gold: Kuala Lumpur to Butterworth by Train
- KTM Intercity counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from BusOnlineTicket
- Online from Easybook
- Online from the KTM E-Ticket System (additional RM2 surcharge)
Tickets are open for sale 180 days before departure except for the Shuttle Tebrau which opens 30 days before departure.
How do I book tickets online?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for easybook.com.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide to the KTM E-Ticket System.