The ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia), also known as Superior Class or Jasmine Coach, is the refurbished version of the original Hyundai ASC. The Letter of Acceptance (LOA) of the refurbishment of 75 coaches was issued by the Ministry of Transport (MOT) on 19 October 2015 to Padu Sedia Sdn Bhd, and the first batch of 8 coaches was launched on 28 July 2018. It consists of 60 seats in a fixed forward and reverse direction, in a 2+2 configuration.
ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia) Seating Plans
Pelan Tempat Duduk ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia)
Not available till further notice.
Exterior of ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia)
The ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia) can be most easily identified by the LED signs by the doors. Other possible defining features may be the wrong affixing of the hopper window shifting from being on the centre or fourth pane to the sixth pane just beside the small window.
The Padu Sedia Builder/Refurbishment Plate can be found on the steps to the door.
Interior of ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia)
The ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia) consists of 60 seats in a fixed forward and reverse direction, in a 2+2 configuration.
Tray tables are provided at seats on Rows 2 to 14.
The legroom available on a typical row of seats on the ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia).
Two three-pin power sockets are available in the seating compartment of the ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia), one on each end of the coach by the gangway door. (Ratio of 30 passengers to 1 power socket.)
LED signs on the ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia) replace the former plastic coach number plates. 4 letters or numbers can be shown at any one time. So far, all of the numbers or letters flashed on the LED sign are static. These LED signs can also be used to type in the train’s destination such as IPOH, KLS or JBS. (Not too sure about stations with longer names such as Tumpat (TMPT?) or Butterworth (BUTT?))
The gangway door on the ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia) is said to be automatic – push the button to open the door. However, on this trip, the automatic door function was not in use, and was fixed in the open position throughout.
Closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras are installed in the seating saloon of the ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia).
The window on the ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia) is replaced with a single pane glass as compared to the original version of double-pane vacuum glass.
Emergency hammers to break the window glass are available at the ends of the ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia). To retrieve the hammer to break the window glass, find a hard object to break the glass.
An emergency brake button replaces the former emergency brake handle. Similarly, find a hard object to break the glass to access the emergency brake button.
A fire extinguisher is also available on board the ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia).
Toilet availability light indicators are installed in the seating saloon.
Squatting and sitting toilet cubicles are available on the ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia).
New signs of the toilet features are pasted.
Two types of soap, liquid and bar soap, are available by the sink.
New safety stickers, reminiscent of the ASC (INKA), are pasted by the door and doorway of the ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia).
- KTM 19 Class Shunter | Hitachi
- KTM 22 Class Locomotive | English Electric-AEI Traction and Metro-Cammell
- KTM 23 Class Locomotive | Hitachi
- KTM 24 Class Locomotive | Toshiba and Kawasaki
- KTM 25 Class Locomotive | EMD GM GT18LC-2
- KTM 26 Class Blue Tiger Locomotive | Bombardier and General Electric
- KTM 29 Class Locomotive | Dalian Locomotive Works
- KTM YDM4 Locomotive | Diesel Locomotive Works (DLW)
- KTM 81 Class EMU | Jenbacher Transport | KTM Komuter
- KTM 82 Class EMU | Union Carriage & Wagon | KTM Komuter
- KTM 83 Class EMU | Hyundai Precision and Marubeni | KTM Komuter
- KTM 91 Class EMU | Hyundai Rotem and Mitsubishi Electric | KTM ETS
- KTM 92 Class EMU | CRRC Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co., Ltd. | KTM Komuter
- KTM 93 Class EMU | CRRC Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co., Ltd. | KTM ETS1
- KTM 93/2 Class EMU | CRRC Zhuzhou Electric Locomotive Co., Ltd. | KTM ETS2
- AFC | Air-conditioned First Class
- ASC (Hyundai) | Air-conditioned Second Class
- ASC (Hyundai-Padu Sedia) | Air-conditioned Second Class
- ASC (ICF) | Air-conditioned Second Class
- ASC (ICF-Padu Sedia) | Air-conditioned Second Class
- ASC (Hartasuma) | Air-conditioned Second Class
- ASC (INKA) | Air-conditioned Second Class
- BSC | Air-conditioned Second Class
- EPLUS | Economy Plus
- AEC | Air-conditioned Economy Class
- ADNFD | Air-conditioned Day/Night First Deluxe
- ADNFB | Air-conditioned Day/Night First Berth
- BDNF | Blue Day/Night First
- ADNS | Air-conditioned Day/Night Second Class
- BDNS | Blue Day/Night Second
Singapore to Bangkok by Train
Singapura ke Bangkok dengan Keretapi
Timetables from KTM’s website effective 1 January 2021
Jadual waktu dari laman web KTM berkuatkuasa 1 Januari 2021
ETS Northbound Timetable
- KL Sentral ► Ipoh
- KL Sentral ► Ipoh ► Butterworth
- Gemas ► KL Sentral ► Ipoh ► Butterworth
- KL Sentral ► Ipoh ► Padang Besar
- Gemas ► KL Sentral ► Ipoh ► Padang Besar
ETS Southbound Timetable
- Ipoh ► KL Sentral
- Butterworth ► Ipoh ► KL Sentral
- Butterworth ► Ipoh ► KL Sentral ► Gemas
- Padang Besar ► Ipoh ► KL Sentral
- Padang Besar ► Ipoh ► KL Sentral ► Gemas
KTM Intercity Northbound Timetable
- JB Sentral ► Gemas
- JB Sentral ► Gemas ► Kuala Lipis ► Gua Musang ► Dabong ► Tumpat
- Kuala Lipis ► Gua Musang ► Dabong ► Tumpat
KTM Intercity Southbound Timetable
- Gemas ► JB Sentral
- Tumpat ► Dabong ► Gua Musang ► Kuala Lipis ► Gemas ► JB Sentral
- Tumpat ► Dabong ► Gua Musang ► Kuala Lipis
Shuttle Tebrau (NO TRAIN SERVICE)
- JB Sentral ► Woodlands CIQ
- Woodlands CIQ ► JB Sentral
Links attached are no longer hosted on Google Drive as RailTravel Station is too often confused with the timetable provider instead of KTM. Should the links be down, it is on KTM’s servers and not on mine.
Link yang dilampirkan tiada lagi di dapati di Google Drive, di atas sebab RailTravel Station terlalu kerap memuatnaik jadual perjalanan keretapi berbanding KTM. Sekiranya link tiada lagi berfungsi, ia kemungkinan berpunca dari khidmat jaringan KTM dan bukan berpunca dari website RailTravel Station.
KTM Train Ticket Booking Methods
Kaedah Tempahan Tiket Keretapi KTM
- KTM Intercity counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from Baolau
- Online from BusOnlineTicket
- Online from Easybook
- Online from the KTMB Integrated Ticketing System (KITS)
Tickets are open for sale in set periods about 60 days before departure except for the Shuttle Tebrau which opens 30 days before departure.
Tiket akan dibuka untuk dijual dalam jangka masa kira-kira 60 hari sebelum berlepas kecuali Shuttle Tebrau yang dibuka 30 hari sebelum berlepas.
- Klook (Get FREE S$5/RM15 voucher for your first purchase when you sign up here! *subject to exchange rate)
How do I book KTM train tickets online?
Bagaimanakah saya menempah tiket tren KTM dalam talian?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for Easybook.
To contact KTM Berhad:
Phone: +60 3 2267 1200