Royal Railway operates the sole railway line in Cambodia, with the railway running in a north-south direction from Poipet on the border of Thailand to Sihanoukville by the seaside via Phnom Penh. The railway is split into two distinct lines, with both converging at Phnom Penh. A dedicated branch line also serves Airport Shuttle Trains between Phnom Penh and Phnom Penh International Airport.
Future plans include linking the railway onward to Thailand on the SRT Eastern Line after Poipet to Aranyaphrathet.
Royal Railway Route Map
Zoom in to view each route accurately.
To remove routes and landmarks from view, use the button on the top left corner of the map.
To enlarge, use the button on the top right corner of the map.
Royal Railway Route Map effective end-2018
Phnom Penh – Poipet – Bangkok Line Timetable
Initial service will only be on the Sisophon – Poipet sector.
Phnom Penh – Poipet – Bangkok Line Fares
Free of charge from 4 April to 31 July 2018.
Phnom Penh – Sihanoukville Line Timetable
Do take note of the operating days and train – the Phnom Penh – Sihanoukville Line trains run on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays only, with additional runs during public holidays and other festive periods. Check the latest departure times locally.
Phnom Penh – Sihanoukville Line Fares
Phnom Penh – Phnom Penh International Airport Line Timetable
Airport Shuttle Train
Every 40 minutes.
Phnom Penh – Phnom Penh International Airport Line Fares
Airport Shuttle Train
Free of charge from 10 April to 31 July 2018.
1 US Dollar is used as 4000 Cambodian Riel.
- Ticket counters in Royal Railway stations
- Phnom Penh: 078 888 582
- Takeo: 099 222 533
- Kampot: 099 222 566
- Sihanoukville: 099 222 544
- Online from Baolau
Tickets are open for sale 7 days before departure.
For online bookings through Baolau, print your ticket at home and get it exchanged for the actual boarding pass at the station’s ticket counter on the day of your travel.
Boarding Process for Tickets booked through Baolau
- Make a booking on Baolau.
- Baolau receives confirmation from Royal Railway.
- Baolau then sends you the e-ticket with numbered seat* within 24 hours.
- Print the e-ticket and exchange it for the boarding pass at the station before departure.
- The staff on train will check the boarding pass, taking a portion of the boarding pass and giving you back the rest of the ticket.
*Although there is a seat number on the ticket, the train has no seat numbers and has a free-seating concept.
- Booking Phnom Penh – Sihanoukville Tickets through Baolau
- Booking Sihanoukville – Phnom Penh Tickets through Baolau
- Seat61’s Train Service in Cambodia Page
- Royal Railway Official Site
- Train Cambodia’s Facebook Page (Unofficial, more useful site)