ETS Platinum offers the fastest service on KTM’s network with minimal stops at only key stations along its route. Trains currently ply from Butterworth to KL Sentral, and between KL Sentral and Padang Besar.
Interior of 93 Class
The train may, in rare occasions, travel in the opposite direction ie. Coach A at the northbound end and Coach F at the southbound end.
Seating Plan of 93 Class
Timetables from KTM’s website effective 1 February 2017
- KTM Intercity: JB Sentral – Woodlands CIQ
- KTM Intercity: JB Sentral – Gemas – Kuala Lipis – Tumpat
- ETS: Gemas – KL Sentral – Padang Besar
- ETS: Gemas – KL Sentral – Butterworth
- ETS: KL Sentral – Ipoh
Links attached are hosted on Google Drive as it’s more stable than KTM’s servers, ensuring accessibility even when KTM’s website is down.
Fares from KTM’s website
Video courtesy of Dinie Razin.
Note: From 1 February 2017, all ETS trains including ETS Platinum services will make the journey between KL Sentral and Butterworth in more than 4 hours.
KTM Train Ticket Booking Methods
- KTM Intercity counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from BusOnlineTicket
- Online from Easybook
- Online from the KTM E-Ticket System (additional RM2 surcharge)
Tickets are open for sale 180 days before departure except for the Shuttle Tebrau which opens 30 days before departure.
How do I book tickets online?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for Easybook.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide to the KTM E-Ticket System.
The ETS Platinum to or from Butterworth is full. How do I still get on the ETS Platinum?
Click on the image to enlarge.
Book your ticket to or from Taiping instead. Use the KTM Komuter Northern Sector to travel between Butterworth and Taiping, interchanging at Bukit Mertajam.