The Ekspres Rakyat Timuran is a popular daily service between JB Sentral and Tumpat. It travels along the length of Peninsular Malaysia via the East Coast Line or more popularly known overseas as the Jungle Line through the dense tropical rainforest of Malaysia and offering easy access to the eastern states of Pahang and Kelantan.
Ekspres Rakyat Timuran Train Consist
The Ekspres Rakyat Timuran train consists are changed at KTM’s whims and fancies.
Ekspres Rakyat Timuran Seating Plans
Due to low to zero popularity, and even complains at times, seating plans are no longer available. Please contact KTM Berhad for any seat enquiries.
Singapore to Bangkok by Train
Timetables from KTM’s website effective 18 December 2017
- Gemas – KL Sentral – Ipoh – Butterworth
- Gemas – KL Sentral – Ipoh – Padang Besar
- Gemas – KL Sentral – Ipoh – Butterworth – Padang Besar
- KL Sentral – Ipoh
- JB Sentral – Tumpat
- JB Sentral – Gemas – Pulau Sebang (Tampin)
- JB Sentral – Woodlands CIQ
Links attached are no longer hosted on Google Drive as RailTravel Station is too often confused with the timetable provider instead of KTM. Should the links be down, it is on KTM’s servers and not on mine.
Fares from KTM’s website
- Tren JB – Gua Musang: A Preview (during the rehabilitation of the Kemubu bridge)
- Ekspres Rakyat Timuran: Johor Bahru to Tumpat by Train
- Ekspres Rakyat Timuran: Tumpat to Johor Bahru by Train
KTM Train Ticket Booking Methods
- KTM Intercity counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from BusOnlineTicket
- Online from Easybook
Online from the KTM E-Ticket System (additional RM2 surcharge)UNSTABLE: Proceed at your own risk.
Tickets are open for sale 30 days before departure.
- Klook (Get FREE $4.30/RM12.90 voucher for your first purchase when you sign up here!*subject to exchange rate)
How do I book tickets online?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for Easybook.
Click here for a step-by-step guide to the KTM E-Ticket System.UNSTABLE: Proceed at your own risk.
Links to the KTM E-Ticket System are strikethroughed due to KTM’s own admission of the instability of their system here after Prime Minister Najib Razak personally posted on Facebook that there is such an issue here. Proceed using the KTM E-Ticket System at your own risk.