The Ekspres Rakyat Timuran is a popular daily service between JB Sentral and Tumpat. It travels along the length of Peninsular Malaysia via the East Coast Line or more popularly known overseas as the Jungle Line through the dense tropical rainforest of Malaysia and offering easy access to the eastern states of Pahang and Kelantan.
Timetables from KTM’s website effective 1 February 2017
- KTM Intercity: JB Sentral – Woodlands CIQ
- KTM Intercity: JB Sentral – Gemas – Kuala Lipis – Tumpat
- ETS: Gemas – KL Sentral – Padang Besar
- ETS: Gemas – KL Sentral – Butterworth
- ETS: KL Sentral – Ipoh
Links attached are hosted on Google Drive as it’s more stable than KTM’s servers, ensuring accessibility even when KTM’s website is down.
Fares from KTM’s website
- Tren JB – Gua Musang: A Preview (during the rehabilitation of the Kemubu bridge)
- Ekspres Rakyat Timuran: Johor Bahru to Tumpat by Train
- Ekspres Rakyat Timuran: Tumpat to Johor Bahru by Train
KTM Train Ticket Booking Methods
- KTM Intercity counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from BusOnlineTicket
- Online from Easybook
Online from the KTM E-Ticket System (additional RM2 surcharge)UNSTABLE: Proceed at your own risk.
Tickets are open for sale 180 days before departure except for the Shuttle Tebrau which opens 30 days before departure.
How do I book tickets online?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for Easybook.
Click here for a step-by-step guide to the KTM E-Ticket System.UNSTABLE: Proceed at your own risk.
Links to the KTM E-Ticket System are strikethroughed due to KTM’s own admission of the instability of their system here after Prime Minister Najib Razak personally posted on Facebook that there is such an issue here. Proceed using the KTM E-Ticket System at your own risk.