The Ekspres Rakyat Timuran is a popular daily service between JB Sentral and Tumpat. It travels along the length of Peninsular Malaysia via the East Coast Line or more popularly known overseas as the Jungle Line through the dense tropical rainforest of Malaysia and offering easy access to the eastern states of Pahang and Kelantan.
Timetable from KTM’s website effective 1 February 2017
- KTM Intercity: Shuttle Tebrau
- KTM Intercity: JB Sentral – Gemas – Tumpat
- ETS: Gemas – KL Sentral – Butterworth
- ETS: Gemas – KL Sentral – Padang Besar
- ETS: KL Sentral – Ipoh
Fares from KTM’s website
- Tren JB – Gua Musang: A Preview (during the rehabilitation of the Kemubu bridge)
- Ekspres Rakyat Timuran: Johor Bahru to Tumpat by Train
- Ekspres Rakyat Timuran: Tumpat to Johor Bahru by Train
KTM Train Ticket Booking Methods
- KTM Intercity counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from BusOnlineTicket
- Online from Easybook
- Online from the KTM E-Ticket System (additional RM2 surcharge)
Tickets are open for sale 180 days before departure except for the Shuttle Tebrau which opens 30 days before departure.
How do I book tickets online?