Uttrawithi is a daily Special Express train plying between Bangkok and Chiang Mai. This service is formed of new CRRC-manufactured coaches. The Uttrawithi commenced service on 11 November 2016.
Uttrawithi Route Map
Uttrawithi Train Consist
Uttrawithi Journey Experiences
Video courtesy of Dinie Razin.
- Special Express 31 Thaksinarath: Bangkok Hua Lamphong to Hat Yai Junction by the Best Train in Thailand
Singapore to Bangkok by Train
State Railway of Thailand (SRT) Train Timetables
State Railway of Thailand (SRT) Train Timetables from SRT’s Website
State Railway of Thailand (SRT) Train Ticket Booking Methods
- SRT counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from Baolau
- Online from Easybook
- Online from the SRT D-Ticket System
One of the most useful things about 12Go Asia is that they will create joint tickets for you, so you could actually make a single booking from Bangkok to Singapore and vice-versa.
Tickets are open for sale 30 days before departure.
How do I book State Railway of Thailand (SRT) train tickets online?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for Easybook.
State Railway of Thailand (SRT) Contact
Timetable & Fares
Phone: 1690 (24 hours)