If you enjoy travelling on a budget yet explore both urban landscapes and rural countrysides, a short trip around Peninsular Malaysia (West Malaysia) may be perfect for you.
My trip around Peninsular Malaysia took 4 days and 3 nights, departing Singapore at midnight, with a 1 night layover in Kuala Lumpur and Penang each.
Follow my journey:
- Day 1: Starmart Express: Singapore to Kuala Lumpur by Bus
- Day 1: KTM Komuter Early Bird Service from Bandar Tasik Selatan to KL Sentral
- Day 2: ETS Gold: Kuala Lumpur to Butterworth by Train
- Day 3: Transnasional: Penang and Butterworth to Kota Bharu by Bus
- Day 3: Cityliner Service 27: Kota Bharu to Wakaf Bharu by Bus
- Day 3: Shuttle Timur: Wakaf Bharu to Tumpat by Train
- Day 3-4: Ekspres Rakyat Timuran: Tumpat to Johor Bahru by Train
Singapore to Bangkok by Train