The Ferrovías del Bajío, S.A. de C.V. DMU AS1000 Series, also known as the Mexican DMU is a diesel multiple unit of the Royal Railway, operating on passenger routes throughout the Kingdom. The trains are manufactured in San Luis Potosí, SLP, Mexico. Though described as a DMU, with cars being able to operate in tandem with each other, the Ferrovías del Bajío DMU AS1000 Series typically as single car sets, which could justify its operations as a railcar or railbus instead. While originally ordered specially for the Airport Shuttle Train (hence the classification of AS- in front of the train number), the Ferrovías del Bajío DMU AS1000 Series regularly operates on the Phnom Penh – Sihanoukville Line due to rolling stock shortage.
Ferrovías del Bajío DMU AS1000 Series Fleet List
AS1001 at Phnom Penh locomotive yard.
AS1002 at Phnom Penh Railway Station on the Airport Shuttle Train line for Phnom Penh International Airport.
AS1003 at Phnom Penh Railway Station on the Platform 2 line for Sihanoukville.
Interior of Ferrovías del Bajío DMU AS1000 Series
The interior of the Ferrovías del Bajío DMU AS1000 Series. All trains sport a similar interior.
Seats can be rotated to face the direction of travel.
Bays of 4 seats can also be formed for travellers in a group.
A cup holder and tray table is provided on the seat back.
Television screens for entertainment are available.
Overhead luggage racks are available above the seats.
The only trace that the train is from Mexico is on the emergency windows.
Manufacturer Badge of Ferrovías del Bajío DMU AS1000 Series
The manufacturer badge of Ferrovías del Bajío, S.A. de C.V. found at the front of the train, above the coupler cover.
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Diesel Locomotives
- ČKD Praha Bde410 Series
- ČKD Praha BB1010 Series
- Alsthom BB1050 Series
- CRRC Qishuyan CKD6D BB1060 Series
- IRCON YDM4 6000 Series
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Diesel Multiple Units (DMU)
- Waggonfabrik Uerdingen DMU ZZ800 Series | Royal Railway Cambodia
- Ferrovías del Bajío DMU AS1000 Series (Mexican DMU) | Royal Railway Cambodia
- Hitachi RHN DMU | Royal Railway Cambodia
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Passenger Coaches
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Ticket Booking Methods
- Ticket counters in Royal Railway stations
- Phnom Penh: 078 888 582
- Takeo: 099 222 533
- Kampot: 099 222 566
- Sihanoukville: 099 222 544
- Online from Baolau
- Online from Easybook
Tickets are open for sale 7 days before departure for direct bookings through Royal Railway, and around 14 to 21 days before departure for online agent bookings.
For online bookings through Baolau, print your confirmation at home and get it exchanged for the actual boarding pass at the station’s ticket counter on the day of your travel.
Boarding Process for Tickets booked through Baolau
- Make a booking on Baolau.
- Baolau receives confirmation from Royal Railway.
- Baolau then sends you the confirmation email with numbered seat within 24 hours.
- Print the email confirmation and exchange it for the boarding pass at the station before departure.
- The staff on train will check the boarding pass and take it away.
Boarding Process for Tickets booked through Easybook
- Make a booking on Easybook.
- Easybook sends you the confirmation email with numbered seat.
- Show the printed or digital email confirmation on the train.
- Day 33: Royal Railway – Phnom Penh Royal Railway Station
- Royal Railway Airport Shuttle Train: Phnom Penh International Airport to Phnom Penh Railway Station by Train
- Royal Railway (PP-SHV): Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville by Train
- Royal Railway (SHV-PP): Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh by Train
- Royal Railway Airport Shuttle Train (AIRPORT-PP 16:35 PM): Phnom Penh International Airport to Phnom Penh Railway Station by Airport Express Train
- Royal Railway Phnom Penh – Poipet Line (PNH-PS-BB-SS-PP 07:15 AM): Phnom Penh to Poipet by Train
- Booking Royal Railway (Cambodia) Tickets on Baolau
- Booking Royal Railway (Cambodia) Tickets on Easybook
- Royal Railway (Cambodia) Official Website
- Royal Railway (Cambodia) Official Facebook Page
- Trains and Railways Cambodia’s Facebook Group (Unofficial, more useful discussion site)