Arriving from my flight and exiting immigration and customs at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport past midnight, I opted to get my Thailand SIM Card from Klook this time as they offer a 24-hour pick-up service at Bangkok Don Mueang Airport (DMK). It costed just S$5.50 (~THB 150) for the DTAC Happy Tourist Super 4G 8 Day SIM Card, which offers unlimited data usage, and is about half the recommended retail price of THB 299.
The Klook pick-up spot is towards Arrival Hall Gate 2.
Look out for the Klook sign near the escalator.
Klook‘s staff will be waiting at the designated area.
Pick up is available 24 hours at Don Mueang Airport (DMK).
I passed my phone to the staff to redeem my Klook voucher (screenshot-ed the voucher on the Klook app before departing from Singapore as I have no internet in DMK yet), and they helped me to insert and activate my dtac Happy Tourist Super 4G 8 Day SIM Card on my phone.
Most of the time, it’s just a simple plug-and-play process, but in case there are issues following the activation, here are the APN Settings for dtac:
- Name: dtac internet
- APN: http://www.dtac.co.th
- Username: not set
- Password: not set
- MMC: 520
- MNC: 05
- APN type: Default
You probably won’t need this information as the Klook staff will fix up the internet before returning the phone to you.
Here’s a recap of the SIM Card details:
DMK Don Muang Airport (Klook Pick Up Spot)
Package Details Inclusive Of:
- dtac Happy Tourist Super 4G 8 Day SIM Card (available in Standard, Micro or Nano size)
- Maximum 4G speed of up to 3GB usage
- Speed drops to 384 kbps (3G speed) after using up 3GB (unlimited data usage)
- Prepaid THB100 call credits (equivalent to approximately 30 minutes of talk time)
- 4G/3G speeds will depend on the coverage area