The Shuttle 40 & 41; 42 & 43 between JB Sentral and Gemas.
The Shuttle 44 & 45 between JB Sentral and Gemas.
The Shuttle is a series of daily local services between JB Sentral and Gemas, stopping at all stations en route. It travels along the unelectrified, single track line in the south to connect to and from ETS services running at higher speeds on the double track sectors to other central and northern destinations. This train serves the southern state of Johor, only entering Negeri Sembilan at Gemas as the station is located within the said state.
As with all Shuttle trains, there is no catering on board. However, express fares are charged as reserved seating is provided for the Shuttle as it is treated as a relay train for ETS services to and from Gemas, even though ticket conditions say otherwise.
The Shuttle (JB Sentral – Gemas) was previously known as the Ekspres Selatan.
If you are commuting between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur, you should seriously consider taking the bus instead, unless you wish to experience the train journey as the destination itself.
Superior Class (ASC INKA)
Shuttle 40 & 41; 42 & 43
Superior Class (BSC)
Shuttle 44 & 45
Shuttle JB Sentral – Gemas Seating Plans
Due to low to zero popularity, and even complains at times, seating plans are no longer available. Please contact KTM Berhad for any seat enquiries.
Due to to zero popularity (ie. 1 click on average per day), and even complains at times, RailTravel Station’s integrated timetables are no longer available.
Timetables from KTM’s website effective 1 August 2017
- Gemas – Padang Besar – Gemas
- Gemas – Butterworth – Gemas
- KL Sentral – Ipoh – KL Sentral
- JB Sentral – Tumpat – JB Sentral
- JB Sentral – Woodlands – JB Sentral
Links attached are no longer hosted on Google Drive as RailTravel Station is too often confused with the timetable provider instead of KTM. Should the links be down, it is on KTM’s servers and not on mine.
- Day 40: Ekspres Selatan from Gemas to Johor Bahru
- Ekspres Selatan: Johor Bahru to Gemas (and Kuala Lumpur) by Night Train
- Ekspres Selatan: (Kuala Lumpur and) Pulau Sebang (Tampin) to JB Sentral by Train
- Ekspres Selatan x ETS Gold: Johor Bahru to Kuala Lumpur via Pulau Sebang (Tampin) by Train
- ETS Gold x Ekspres Selatan x Shuttle Tebrau: Kuala Lumpur to Singapore by “Night Train”
- Goodbye Ekspres Selatan
- Ekspres Selatan – Last Run to Pulau Sebang (Tampin)
KTM Train Ticket Booking Methods
- KTM Intercity counters
- Online from 12Go Asia (joint ticketing with connecting trains available)
- Online from BusOnlineTicket
- Online from Easybook
Online from the KTM E-Ticket System (additional RM2 surcharge)UNSTABLE: Proceed at your own risk.
Tickets are open for sale 30 days before departure.
How do I book tickets online?
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for 12Go Asia.
- Click here for a step-by-step guide for Easybook.
Click here for a step-by-step guide to the KTM E-Ticket System.UNSTABLE: Proceed at your own risk.
Links to the KTM E-Ticket System are strikethroughed due to KTM’s own admission of the instability of their system here after Prime Minister Najib Razak personally posted on Facebook that there is such an issue here. Proceed using the KTM E-Ticket System at your own risk.
How do I travel from JB Sentral to KL Sentral with KTM Intercity?
How much is the combined Shuttle and ETS fare from JB Sentral to KL Sentral?
JB Sentral to Gemas: RM21
Gemas to KL Sentral: RM31
Total: RM51 (note that this is not a combined ticket)