Rapid KL Reduces LRT, MRT, Monorail Frequency From 25 October 2022 On Saturdays, Sundays & Public Holidays
From 25 October 2022, Rapid KL will be reducing LRT, MRT, and Monorail train frequencies on Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays. Below are the new reduced Rapid KL train frequencies on Saturdays, Sundays, and Public Holidays.
- LRT Ampang & Sri Petaling Lines: Every 5 minutes (shared sector), Every 10 minutes (individual branches)
- LRT Kelana Jaya Line: Every 7 minutes
- KL Monorail Line: Every 12 minutes
- MRT Kajang Line: Every 10 minutes
- MRT Putrajaya Line: Every 7 minutes
This announcement was made on Rapid KL’s Facebook page on 26 October 2022.
Train services in KL have been slow for the past 2 years, and will now officially get slower from 25 October 2022 onwards. The greatest reduction in service is on the KL Monorail Line with a train now at every 12 minutes from 7 minutes in the weekday peak period.
With a gradually reducing train service in KL, it is no wonder that passengers must rely on private transport as KL public transport is getting slower and more inefficient.