Flight Review: AirAsia AK1791 from Kota Kinabalu to Singapore by Airbus A320-200

AirAsia AK1791 is the second and last flight of the day from Kota Kinabalu to Singapore, departing at 2.35pm daily. As I arrived at the airport just in time for the plane, it was a little bit of a rush, but it still worked out in the end.

As I got to the check-in kiosk less than an hour to departure, I was unable to get a boarding pass from there. Luckily, I printed my boarding pass at home so I could proceed to get on my flight with it.

Heading for security screening and immigration, which, luckily, had not much queue.

For whatever reason, only one gate seems to be in operation which is Gate B4, and which was where my flight is departing from.

Hangzhou passengers are also in the queue to enter the gate through the one security screening checkpoint. Yes, the one right after the security screening and immigration less than 3 minutes ago.

As final calls for my flight were made, the security staff came around the queue to fast-track all those who were heading to Singapore.

Heading down to the empty gate hold room. Oops.

9M-AQY on duty for my AirAsia AK1791 filght from Kota Kinabalu to Singapore.

Getting my boarding pass scanned and torn here without anyone in front of me. Oops.

Heading down the empty aerobridge. Oops.

Sorry sorry.

Made it to the plane in time. Sorry sorry.

The legroom on board AirAsia’s Airbus A320-200.

Hmm, this looks interesting.

Instead of an IFE screen, I have an advertisement panel on my tray table. But free ROKKI Wi-Fi for streaming entertainment is available for that.

Turns out that I wasn’t the last one to board, but the plane did depart on time anyway.

I ordered 2 meals on this flight, the Bukhara Chicken Biryani and Pak Nasser’s Nasi Lemak, one to eat in and one for takeaway. Since I can’t get AirAsia’s food on the ground, this is the only way to do it.

I opted to have the Bukhara Chicken Biryani in-flight. It surprisingly tastes just like Biryani on the ground, though a little bit dry which is normal for airplane food. The spices and smells are all matching how a Biryani would taste like on land.

I also spent some money on a Fukubukuro bag on the advertisement card in the seat pocket. Only two choices were available, the red RM68 bag and the blue RM138 bag.

I got myself a “frdm Jet-Setter World Timer For Him” watch, an AirAsia QPR Jersey and a set of designer angpow packets from the blue RM138 bag. Hmm, not sure if I liked the items, but that’s how a fuku bag works.

The flight landed at 4.45pm, 15 minutes earlier than scheduled and arrived at the gate at the scheduled arrival time of 5.00pm thanks to the long taxi.

Heading to arrival immigration.

The best way to cross back to Singapore on a Sunday evening, with empty immigration machines everywhere in Terminal 4.

As I had no check-in bags, I headed straight out.

Heading for the bus to T2 to catch the MRT as I saw all the public buses that I needed departing together the moment I exited through customs.

The waiting area for the T4 Free Shuttle Bus Service.

The bus was already at the driveway when I arrived at the waiting area.

From here, I got on the T4 Free Shuttle Bus Service to Terminal 2 to catch the MRT.

Overall, another good no-frills flight with AirAsia, though I wish there would be more flight timings between Singapore and Kota Kinabalu in future.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.