The King’s Coach is a locomotive-hauled passenger coach of the Royal Railway, for use by His Majesty King Norodom Sihamoni. It is a classic wooden carriage beautifully restored with modern amenities such as air-conditioning and private, plush individual seating, along with a separate guest seating area and bar counter.
On certain occasions, Royal Railway may also allow for a private charter of the King’s Coach, designated as Coach E. The cost for the charter is unknown.
King’s Coach Fleet List
VRSVFF24 – King’s Coach E
VRSVFF24 operating as King’s Coach E stabling at a siding at Phnom Penh Railway Station.
One of the King’s Coach air-conditioning unit is mounted on the top of the coach by the gangway, rather than the undercarriage as per all other passenger coaches in the fleet.
A French wording of “Porte donnant sur la voie” on the door.
Potential King’s Coach?
A posh-looking rusting train carriage is seen back on an active line at Phnom Penh locomotive yard with bogies. It is currently not known if Royal Railway plans to refurbish this coach, and if they do, to refurbish it as a special train car.
This fleet list is incomplete. Please contact me if you can offer any additional information in expanding this section.
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Rolling Stock
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Diesel Locomotives
- ČKD Praha Bde410 Series Locomotive
- ČKD Praha BB1010 Series Locomotive
- Alsthom BB1050 Series Locomotive
- CRRC Qishuyan CKD6D BB1060 Series Locomotive
- IRCON YDM4 6000 Series Locomotive
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Diesel Multiple Units (DMU)
- Waggonfabrik Uerdingen DMU ZZ800 Series
- Ferrovías del Bajío DMU AS1000 Series (Mexican DMU)
- Hitachi RHN DMU (Blue DMU)
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Passenger Coaches
Royal Railway (Cambodia) Ticket Booking Methods
- Ticket counters in Royal Railway stations
- Phnom Penh: 078 888 582
- Takeo: 099 222 533
- Kampot: 099 222 566
- Sihanoukville: 099 222 544
- Online from Baolau
- Online from Easybook
Tickets are open for sale 7 days before departure for direct bookings through Royal Railway, and around 14 to 21 days before departure for online agent bookings.
For online bookings through Baolau, print your confirmation at home and get it exchanged for the actual boarding pass at the station’s ticket counter on the day of your travel.
Boarding Process for Tickets booked through Baolau
- Make a booking on Baolau.
- Baolau receives confirmation from Royal Railway.
- Baolau then sends you the confirmation email with numbered seat within 24 hours.
- Print the email confirmation and exchange it for the boarding pass at the station before departure.
- The staff on train will check the boarding pass and take it away.
Boarding Process for Tickets booked through Easybook
- Make a booking on Easybook.
- Easybook sends you the confirmation email with numbered seat.
- Show the printed or digital email confirmation on the train.
- Day 33: Royal Railway – Phnom Penh Royal Railway Station
- Royal Railway Airport Shuttle Train: Phnom Penh International Airport to Phnom Penh Railway Station by Train
- Royal Railway (PP-SHV): Phnom Penh to Sihanoukville by Train
- Royal Railway (SHV-PP): Sihanoukville to Phnom Penh by Train
- Royal Railway Airport Shuttle Train (AIRPORT-PP 16:35 PM): Phnom Penh International Airport to Phnom Penh Railway Station by Airport Express Train
- Royal Railway Phnom Penh – Poipet Line (PNH-PS-BB-SS-PP 07:15 AM): Phnom Penh to Poipet by Train
- Booking Royal Railway (Cambodia) Tickets on Baolau
- Booking Royal Railway (Cambodia) Tickets on Easybook
- Royal Railway (Cambodia) Official Website
- Royal Railway (Cambodia) Official Facebook Page
- Trains and Railways Cambodia’s Facebook Group (Unofficial, more useful discussion site)