KTM Shuttle Tebrau 95dn Last Train from JB Sentral to Woodlands CIQ at 10.45pm
KTM Shuttle Tebrau 95dn is the last train of the day from JB Sentral to Woodlands CIQ at 10.45pm. On a Sunday night, the Shuttle Tebrau 95dn still remains popular to beat the Causeway traffic and human jams, and that’s also my idea to beat the jams with the Shuttle Tebrau.
Johor Bahru Sentral Railway Station (JB Sentral)
Heading in to JB Sentral after dinner to catch my Shuttle Tebrau 95dn.
Pretty much most passengers had arrived way earlier than required since both Johor Bahru City Square and Komtar JBCC closes at 10pm.
Shuttle Tebrau JB Sentral Gate A
The queue forming at JB Sentral Gate A way before 30 minutes prior to departure.
Disregarding my own advice about not needing to rush, I joined the queue anyway as I wanted to use the toilet at the waiting room after immigration.
KTM Shuttle Tebrau boarding at JB Sentral Gate A is by scanning your passport at the Shuttle Tebrau Automatic Control Gate (ACG).
Malaysia Immigration is done at JB Sentral for the Shuttle Tebrau. Immigration counters are available on both sides after walking down the middle aisle.
The waiting room was still largely empty as I was one of the first passengers to clear immigration.
Nevertheless, after my toilet visit, here’s the crowd waiting to board Shuttle Tebrau 95dn.
KTM 25 Class Locomotive
25 Class 25204 Mutiara leads my Shuttle Tebrau 95dn from JB Sentral to Woodlands CIQ on the southern end.
The cast name plate of 25204 Mutiara.
The new INKA PGC is used on this rake.
ASC (ICF-Padu Sedia)
4 ASC (ICF-Padu Sedia) coaches are attached on my Shuttle Tebrau 95dn. The Shuttle Tebrau is free seating with a capacity of 240 seats and 80 standees.
The interior of the ASC (ICF-Padu Sedia) coach. The front coach ran largely empty as everyone was standing at the rear of the train for a nearer run to immigration later at Woodlands Train Checkpoint (Woodlands CIQ).
Very surprisingly, my Shuttle Tebrau 95dn departed 4 minutes before time at 10.41pm as all passengers had boarded.
Crossing the Malaysia-Singapore international border on the Johor-Singapore Causeway.
Heading in to Woodlands Train Checkpoint (Woodlands CIQ).
My Shuttle Tebrau 95dn arrived 4 minutes before time at 10.46pm. This also technically makes the net journey time on this Shuttle Tebrau 95dn train only 1 minute, factoring in scheduled departure time.
Woodlands Train Checkpoint (Woodlands CIQ)
Singapore immigration and customs are cleared at Woodlands Train Checkpoint (Woodlands CIQ). No photos or videos are allowed to be taken inside Woodlands Train Checkpoint (Woodlands CIQ).
From here, I continued my journey to Woodlands MRT Station by us to make the last trains back home.
Last MRT train connections from KTM Shuttle Tebrau 95dn
The Shuttle Tebrau 95dn arrives on schedule at 10.50pm. Assuming you are in the middle of the pack, Singapore immigration clearance should take around 20 minutes. The bus ride from to Woodlands MRT Station takes another 20 minutes by buses 178, 903, 911, or 950. As such, the estimated arrival time at Woodlands MRT Station from the Shuttle Tebrau 95dn is at 11.30pm.
Last North South Line (NSL) trains from Woodlands MRT Station
- Last train service terminating at NS1 EW24 Jurong East: 12.40am
- No connection to last Bukit Panjang LRT train (11.30pm from CCK) by Shuttle Tebrau 95dn
- Connection to last East West Line train to EW33 Tuas Link possible (12.25am from Jurong East)
- Last train service terminating at NS7 Kranji: 12.55am
- Last train service terminating at NS19 Toa Payoh: 11.50pm
- NSL Toa Payoh train at around 11.30pm connection with last Circle Line CC23 one-north train at Bishan possible (12.04am from Bishan)
- NSL Toa Payoh train at around 11.40pm connection with last Circle Line CC7 Mountbatten train at Bishan possible (12.12am from Bishan)
- Connection to last Circle Line train to CC12 Bartley possible (12.36am from Bishan)
- Connection to last Circle Line train to TE9 CC17 Caldecott possible (12.32am from Bishan)
- Last train service terminating at NS16 Ang Mo Kio: 12.39am
- Last train service terminating at NS28 Marina South Pier: 11.08pm
- No connection by Shuttle Tebrau 95dn
Last Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL) trains from Woodlands MRT Station
- Last train service terminating at TE1 Woodlands North: 11.55pm
- Not much use as bus 856 goes direct from Woodlands Train Checkpoint, last bus at around midnight (departs WITH at 11.50pm)
- Last train service terminating at TE9 CC17 Caldecott: 11.30pm
- Connection risky by Shuttle Tebrau 95dn