Kluang Railway Station is a major station located in Kluang, Johor, at the edge of Kluang town. It is heavily utilized due to the high catchment area of housing estates for many kilometres around it, and located at the middle point of Federal Route 50, or Jalan Batu Pahat–Kluang–Mersing.
Kluang Railway Station Details
Address: Kampung Masjid Lama, 86000 Kluang, Johor, Malaysia
Owner: KTM Berhad
Operator: KTM Berhad
Platform Level: Ground (Future: Elevated)
Platform Layout: Side and Island Platforms (Future: Side Platforms)
Kluang Railway Station Train Services
GF: Train Platform, Snack Shop, Ticket Counter, Waiting Area, Kluang RailCoffee, Car Park
Platform 1: Passenger platform most frequently used
Platform 2: Passenger platform used for northbound trains during crossing
Platform 3: Passenger platform not normally used (Closed for Gemas-JB EDTP)
(Future Platform 1: Southbound Platform)
(Future Platform 2: Northbound Platform)
The small standing-only concourse straddles between the ticket counter and Kluang RailCoffee. It is used more by customers queuing up for a table at Kluang RailCoffee rather than actual train passengers, as seats are available at the platform itself.
Key Station Amenities
Kluang RailCoffee needs no introduction, with the original outlet still at Kluang Railway Station. It is popular for its coffee (obviously), roti bun, kampung eggs and small packets of Nasi Lemak. In recent years, Kluang RailCoffee has introduced new menus such as waffles and Laksa which are popular with the tourist crowd but not regulars.
Any other similar brands who claim that they are the original Kluang railway coffee but do not bear the name of Kluang RailCoffee are all fakes and their history does not originate from Kluang Railway Station.
There are other local food stalls around the car park and main road during the late afternoon to night time.
Jalan Station Exit: Jalan Station, Jalan Sultanah, Jalan Omar, Pos Malaysia Kluang, Kluang District Health Office, onwards to Kluang Parade, Kluang Mall, Kluang Bus Terminal
Public Transport Connections
Kluang Bus Terminal is located about 10 to 15 minutes away by foot from Kluang Railway Station serving local and express buses.
There are kereta sewa waiting at the car park when a train arrives.
Grab is available in Kluang.
Alternative Train Travel Options
There are local public bus services linking some railway stations on the JB Sentral – Pulau Sebang (Tampin) sector. You can avoid using the infrequent train schedule by taking a bus instead. In some instances, this will be cheaper and faster.
KTM Southern Line Stations
- 🡼 To KTM Central Line
- 🡽 To KTM East Coast Line
- Gemas Railway Station
- Batu Anam Railway Station
- Buloh Kasap Railway Station (defunct)
- Segamat Railway Station
- Genuang Railway Station
- Tenang Railway Station
- Labis Railway Station
- Lenek Railway Station (defunct)
- Bekok Railway Station
- Jagoh Railway Halt (defunct)
- Beradin Railway Halt (defunct)
- Paloh Railway Station
- Batang Ridan Railway Halt (defunct)
- Chamek Railway Station (defunct)
- Niyor Railway Halt (defunct)
- Kluang Railway Station
- Mengkibol Railway Station (defunct)
- Renggam Railway Station
- Layang-Layang Railway Station
- Sedenak Railway Station (defunct)
- Kulai Railway Station
- Saleng Railway Halt (defunct)
- Senai Railway Halt (defunct)
- 🡼 To KTM PTP Line
- Kempas Railway Station (defunct)
- Kempas Baru Railway Station
- 🡾 To KTM Pasir Gudang Line
- Tampoi Railway Halt (defunct)
- Holiday Plaza Railway Halt (defunct)
- Danga City Mall Railway Halt (defunct)
- Johor Bahru Sentral Railway Station (JB Sentral)
- Johor Bahru Railway Station (defunct)
- Woodlands Train Checkpoint (Woodlands CIQ)
- Bukit Timah Railway Station (defunct)
- 🡿 Jurong Railway Station (defunct)
- Tanglin Railway Halt (defunct)
- Alexandra Railway Halt (defunct)
- Tanjong Pagar Railway Station (defunct)
The line names described here is only to classify stations into lists on RailTravel Station due to the fluidity of line names in official timetables. They are in no way meant to represent the actual line name which may or may not be used by KTM Berhad, Ministry of Transport (Malaysia), Ministry of Finance Malaysia, Land Public Transport Agency (APAD) or any other relevant companies and/or agencies. The line names described on RailTravel Station should not be taken as an official name, and the official name provided by KTM Berhad, Ministry of Transport (Malaysia), Ministry of Finance Malaysia, Land Public Transport Agency (APAD) or any other relevant companies and/or agencies should always take precedence.