The Shuttle Timur is a series of popular daily services along the East Coast Line or more popularly known overseas as the Jungle Line between Kuala Lipis and Tumpat. It travels through the dense tropical rainforest of Malaysia, offering easy access for locals staying at kampungs in the eastern states of Pahang and Kelantan.
The Shuttle Timur stops at all stations and halts along the line, with low fares to cater to the needs of the locals as the main mean of transport in the region. All trains are free-seating and reservations are not possible nor necessary – just turn up and buy a ticket.
Timetable from KTM’s website effective 1 February 2017
- KTM Intercity: Shuttle Tebrau
- KTM Intercity: JB Sentral – Gemas – Tumpat
- ETS: Gemas – KL Sentral – Butterworth
- ETS: Gemas – KL Sentral – Padang Besar
- ETS: KL Sentral – Ipoh
Fares from KTM’s website
- KTM Intercity counters at departure station
- On board, only if boarding from a station or halt without a ticket counter
Tickets are open for sale around 1 hour before departure. No reservations are possible nor necessary, unlimited tickets can be sold for the Shuttle Timur.
How do I book tickets online?
You cannot book Shuttle Timur tickets online.