Genting Dream Palace BBQ Dinner
The Palace is an exclusive enclave for Genting Dream passengers in Palace Suites and above located on the top forward part of the ship on Decks 17 and 18. The Palace now features a barbecue night for Palace guests by the Palace Pool deck. On this Surabaya and North Bali cruise, I had the privilege to try out the Palace BBQ Dinner after a day out in Surabaya.
Heading into the Palace on Deck 17.
As there was foul weather outside, the Palace BBQ Dinner was held at the Palace Restaurant instead.
Unfortunately no outdoor barbecue grills to experience, but I have air-conditioned comfort away from the rain.
A menu was provided for me to select my drinks and smaller dishes. Most items are on the buffet line.
Baked oysters, soups, and Laksa can be ordered through the wait staff, with the rest of the food available on the buffet line.
Inclusive drinks at the Palace are now just coffees, teas, and boxed juices. However, there is a secret Palace drinks menu that the wait staff may tell you about, which includes iced chocolate, honey lemon, and herbal tea.
The buffet line starts off with a variety of salads.
A small sushi and soba section follows.
Some Chinese staples of fried rice and some vegetables before getting started on the barbecue portion with squid.
Some seafood and meats follows.
The best-sellers in the barbecue buffet were the beef steaks and lamb chops.
Breads and dessert finish up at the end of the buffet line.
Cream of Wild Mushroom
I started my meal with a Cream of Wild Mushroom which was Bistro quality.
My selection of proteins from the Palace BBQ dinner, save for the grilled salmon, including the popular steak and lamb chop. The quality of meats and seafood used in the Palace are definitely better than those found in the inclusive restaurants. It was a bit of a pity to enjoy the barbecue in the Palace restaurant though, I think these would taste even better freshly grilled with the outdoor atmosphere up at the Palace Pool deck.
The baked oysters were baked with cheese and creamed spinach.
Curry Laksa Noodle
The Curry Laksa Noodle was served with, well, yellow noodles. The broth was flavourful and creamy, and the size was just right in a buffet.
My selection of desserts after my barbecue dinner.
Ice cream was also offered, with chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry flavours available. This was served with a little bit of 6 toppings including walnuts, cookie crumble, marshmallows, chocolate chips, rainbow sprinkles, and a chocolate wafer roll.
The Palace BBQ Dinner offers a nice outdoor barbecue if weather permits, but otherwise it will be held in the Palace Restaurant. The BBQ menu offers a refreshing change from the usual buffet line, and fits cruising with grilled meats and seafood with a sea view. The Palace BBQ Dinner is usually held once on a minimum-3-nights Genting Dream cruise.
This cruise was kindly sponsored by Resorts World Cruises.
Genting Dream Cruise
- Boarding at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- Embarkation Day F&B and Shore Excursions Bookings
- Balcony Deluxe Stateroom Review (With Deluxe Shower)
- All-Inclusive Restaurants (Free of Charge) • The Lido & Dream Dining Rooms
- Halal-Friendly Features • OIC/SMIIC Halal Standard
- Wi-Fi Prices & How To Use
- Ship Facilities & Activities
- The Palace Exclusive Facilities
- Palace Restaurant
- Palace BBQ Dinner
- Bistro by Reinhard Mammes Palace Set Menu
- Bistro by Reinhard Mammes À La Carte Menu
- Blue Lagoon
- Silk Road Palace Set Menu
- Umi Uma Teppanyaki Palace Set Menu
- Captain’s Bridge Tour
- Helipad Experience
Genting Dream Cruise Shore Excursions
- Port Klang Shore Excursion to Kuala Lumpur • Explore Kuala Lumpur, Batu Caves & Klang Bespoke Journey
- Penang Shore Excursion • Panoramic View of Penang Bespoke Journey
- Phuket Shore Excursion • Phuket Taste & Culture Tour
- Surabaya Transfer Service B to Tunjungan Plaza
- North Bali (Celukan Bawang) Shore Excursion • Best of North Bali