DreamElite is Dream Cruises’ free loyalty programme allowing you to earn points from all qualifying cruise nights and spending on board Genting Dream, World Dream, or Explorer Dream. DreamElite is a status-based loyalty programme, which means the points aren’t exchangeable for cash. Instead, Dream Points are used to increase your status which in turn gets you various benefits on your cruise.
Perhaps the most useful perk of being a DreamElite Member is for the free drinks and discounted drinks packages.
The free drinks coupon (and other coupon-based perks if you’re interested in them) are redeemed on board the World Dream at the DreamElite Member Information Counter.
Redemption is quick and easy from the staff on hand.
DreamElite 4th Anniversary Mocktail
I received an email before my cruise about the DreamElite 4th Anniversary Special Complimentary Drink for DreamElite members, which perfectly matched up with my cruise date.
The complimentary DreamElite 4th Anniversary Mocktail is redeemed from Mixt Cocktail Bar (Deck 8 MID).
The DreamElite 4th Anniversary Mocktail is quite sweet but it might have been my fault for not stirring the syrup below before drinking it with a straw. I think it was blue pea? But I couldn’t figure it out.
DreamElite Welcome Drink
DreamElite Jade, Sapphire, and Diamond members also get a welcome drink on each cruise. This is a non-alcoholic drink from Lobby Cafe or Red Lion only.
While General members (0 to 500 Dream Points) are not entitled to it, with 200 Dream Points issued per qualifying night in a Stateroom or 400 Dream Points per per qualifying night in a Suite, you would be immediately be promoted to Jade member at the end of your very first cruise in a regular Balcony Stateroom if it was a 3 night cruise, which means pretty much everyone is a Jade member and above on the third cruise.
Over at the Lobby Cafe, only 2 drinks are on the DreamElite Welcome Drink, which are Yuan Yang and Milo Dinosaur.
The Yuan Yang was rather sweet, and tasted similar to espresso syrup for the coffee part of things. The milk would have played a part too, with the white-ish colour the Yuan Yang is giving out.
On my next cruise, I tried the Milo Dinosaur.
During Phase 2 (Heightened Alert), only takeaways are available, and my Milo Dinosaur was served in a brown paper bag.
The staff at Lobby Cafe really took the meaning of a “sealed container” very seriously when she taped up the hole which I need to punch my straw in.
The Milo Dinosaur is a more familiar taste, and was nicely sweet and thick.
If the two freshly made drinks aren’t for you, just go upstairs to the Red Lion.
Anything from the non-alcoholic drinks fridge can be taken as your welcome drink.
You can also opt for a Fresh Young Coconut.
DreamElite Pre-Booked Premium Beverage Package (10% Discount)
Perhaps the most useful benefit of the DreamElite membership is having 10% off pre-booked beverage packages. This is done by phone at +65 6223 3311 after booking your cruise.
DreamElite Pre-Booked Premium Beverage Package Price
- 2 nights: S$170 (Usual Price S$188)
- 3 nights: S$212 (Usual Price S$235)
The Premium Beverage Package gets you a “Package 1” sticker on your stateroom card for easy identification by the staff at bars and restaurants.
This is the extensive Premium Beverage Package I got for S$170 on a 2-night cruise.
Alcoholic beverages are served from 7am to 10.30pm, with the last order at 10.00pm. That means cocktails and sparkling wine at breakfast. Drinks are free flow, though you can only order 1 at a time.
You can also get premium still or sparkling water throughout the cruise, 24 hours, and other non-alcoholic beverages too.
DreamElite Pre-Booked Classic Beverage Package (10% Discount)
If you’re not into cocktails and liquors, the Classic Beverage Package does the job well too with beer and wine included for about half the price.
DreamElite Pre-Booked Classic Beverage Package Price
- 2 nights: S$86 (Usual Price S$95)
- 3 nights: S$125 (Usual Price S$138)
The Classic Beverage Package gets you a “Package 2” sticker on your stateroom card for easy identification by the staff at bars and restaurants.
Beers and wines are sufficient for food pairing and slow leisure drinking, so the Classic Beverage Package works too.
But should you pre-book your 10% discounted DreamElite Beverage Package?
Here’s the part which Dream Cruises doesn’t promote before your cruise, and that’s the on-board discounts or sales.
You get a 10% off your your DreamElite pre-booked beverage package, yes. Clear cut.
However, when purchasing a beverage package for the full price on board during this on-going “promotion” (with no end date in sight, but it can be revoked at any time too, just like The Palace Premium Beverage Package), you get a free 24 hour Premium WiFi voucher. And yes, that is for all Premium, Classic, and Refresh (non-alcoholic) Beverage Packages.
A 2-night Premium WiFi package for 1 device costs S$28, and a 2-night Standard WiFi package for 1 device costs S$18, so if I were to value a 24 hour Premium WiFi package, it might be somewhere in the middle at S$23. (And no, you cannot purchase the WiFi package on the second cruise day to pay for lesser nights – it’s counted according to the cruise duration.)
However, instead of valuing the 24 hour Premium WiFi package, you should count it according to the discount you get. For me, the 2-night Standard WiFi package is more than sufficient and surprisingly allows me to stream YouTube videos even though it’s specifically sold as not being capable for it.
The discounted DreamElite Pre-Booked Premium Beverage Package price for 2 nights costs S$170, while the usual price is S$188. That means, if you are booking a 2-night Standard WiFi package, you will simply break even for your cost. Now, if you buy the discounted DreamElite Pre-Booked Classic Beverage Package for 2 nights instead, the price is then S$86, with the usual price at S$95. If you need WiFi at all when booking the discounted DreamElite Pre-Booked Classic Beverage Package, the total cost will be more than if you were to receive the free 24 hour Premium WiFi package, and that’s definitely more with the Refresh Package too.
tl;dr: If you don’t need WiFi, get the discounted DreamElite pre-booked beverage packages without worries.
tl;dr: If you need some WiFi, don’t get the discounted DreamElite pre-booked beverage packages because you will get a 24 hour Premium WiFi voucher when purchased on board which is valued higher than the 10% discount.
Just don’t buy one thing though…
Whatever you do, do not get the Beer Lover Beverage Package.
For S$88 on a 2-night cruise, which is only a S$7 saving on the Classic Beverage Package before DreamElite discount, you will be entitled to free-flow of a grand total of 1 type of drink – Heineken on draft. Draft is not even available at all bars and restaurants, unlike the Classic Beverage Package which gets you both bottled and draft beers if you like. Even if you are Beer Lover, get the Classic Beverage Package for convenience.
World Dream Super Seacation Cruise To Nowhere
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina South Pier MRT Station to Marina Bay Cruise Centre by Bus
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to Marina South Pier, Downtown & Tanjong Pagar MRT Stations
- Dream Cruises Free Shuttle Bus Service from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to HarbourFront Centre / Singapore Cruise Centre
- COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test & Boarding Procedures at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- Interior Stateroom with Single Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Queen-Sized Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Aft Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Balcony Deluxe Stateroom (with bathtub)
- The Palace (Tour)
- All-Inclusive Free Dining & Additional Specialty Restaurants
- WiFi, Facilities, Activities & Entertainment
- DreamElite Member Free Drinks and Discounted Drinks Packages
- Disembarkation & COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: Priority COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, Check-In & Boarding Lounge at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: On-Board Upgrade from Balcony Stateroom to Palace Suite
- The Palace: Palace Suite with Queen-Sized Bed
- The Palace: Palace Suite with with Twin Beds
- The Palace: All-Inclusive Free Premium Specialty Restaurants
- The Palace: Exclusive Palace Facilities including 24 Hour Dedicated Butler
- The Palace: Priority Disembarkation at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- World Dream Halal-Friendly Cruise To Nowhere: Asia Pacific’s First Halal-Friendly Cruise Ship
- Rhythm of Korea Themed Cruise (21 February to 30 March 2021)
- Amazing Thailand Themed Cruise (31 March to 16 June 2021)
- World Dream: Cruising during Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) at 25% Capacity
- Wonders of Japan Themed Cruise (20 June to 18 September 2021)
- World Dream: Bridge Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Galley Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Medical Centre Tour with COVID-19 Response Plan [Exclusive!]