World Dream The Palace Luxury Cruise To Nowhere
Included with The Palace booking, priority COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, check-in, and a Palace Boarding Lounge are provided by Dream Cruises right before the start of the cruise at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore as added perks of being a Palace guest.
Having booked a Palace Suite directly this time instead of upgrading on board, I was able to enjoy The Palace privileges from the start of my cruise.
In the new normal, boarding the World Dream cruise to nowhere begins with the COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART) before check-in procedures.
COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART)
The first step in the boarding process is the compulsory COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART). The ART cost is now included in the cruise fare when you book your cruise on board the World Dream, no matter if direct or through an agent. This is conducted at Level 3 of the Car Park.
SafeEntry and Health Declaration
The first thing that you would see is the usual SafeEntry QR code to scan and check-in to the venue. TraceTogether is also accepted here.
The Palace guests get a priority queue for ART. The staff asked for a sticker, which I did not have, but showing my cruise confirmation got me into the priority queue area anyway. A priority sticker was given to me a few seconds after I sat down.
I’m guessing that the priority sticker was issued at Level 2’s baggage check-in. As I came to MBCCS by SBS Transit Bus Service 400, I bypassed the area completely. I guess Palace guests weren’t expected to get a public bus to the terminal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Once in the priority holding area, a health declaration must be filled up with the usual health questions like if you had travelled overseas for the past 21 days or if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. TraceTogether exposure alerts are no longer checked visually.
COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART)
The next step is the actual test. There will be a counter where you provide the medical staff your passport or IC and they’ll give you a string of stickers after checking through all your details. Remember to leave your contact number as test results are now delivered by SMS and not a paper copy.
Following which, you will be assigned a testing station. Hand your passport and the whole string of stickers to the testing nurse or doctor.
Having gone through the PCR test before, I can attest that the COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART) is absolutely not painful, neither does the swab go deep in to your nostril. It felt like probably just 1cm up my nostril. Your finger would have gone in deeper than the ART if you were digging your nose.
There is then another priority Palace waiting area for ART results to be out.
After receiving my negative test result, I showed my SMS along with my passport photo page to the counter before heading back down to Level 2.
World Dream The Palace Baggage Check-In
After the COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (ART), if you have bulky luggage, you may use the Baggage Check-In service, similar to boarding a flight. You need to show your cruise ticket and your COVID-19 test timing or negative result SMS when checking in.
Your baggage will be delivered to your cabin door along the corridor.
Do note that you are free to hand carry your luggage if it’s cabin sized and below if you’d like.
World Dream Cruise Check-In
Next, head inside the terminal for security screening and cruise check-in.
The Palace guests are collected by roving staff after SafeEntry check-in for priority boarding procedures. Staff will filter you out by your priority sticker.
Palace guests are first directed to this counter where passports and ICs are collected for check-in procedures. Following which, the staff will bring Palace guests through security.
A numbered ticket will be issued after providing your passport and IC. The staff will look for you using this number when issuing back your stuff later on.
Palace Boarding Lounge
Here’s the key difference in check-in and boarding procedures for The Palace guests. Palace guests get ushered into The Palace Boarding Lounge to wait while the ground staff go around to assist you in check-in.
The Palace Boarding Lounge is basically the middle portion of the check-in hall which has been blocked off for The Palace guests only.
Coffee, tea, bottled water, peanuts, brownies, and chocolate chip cookies are served while you wait for the ground staff to run your check-in errands for you and to wait for priority boarding.
A ground staff will hand back your passport and IC, along with your cabin key card, TRACEY device, and a lanyard with pouch. Palace guests need not personally go around the counters in the check-in hall to do this collection process.
At 2pm, Palace guests get priority boarding to the World Dream first before all other guests waiting upstairs at TRACEY collection.
As you are heading out of Singapore waters, a passport is still needed to board this cruise to nowhere. You will go through Singapore immigration as per normal as if you are travelling overseas.
A key change in immigration procedures for Singapore passports includes the introduction of iris and facial scans, with fingerprint verification removed. This is great for me since my thumbprint doesn’t work sometimes and I get hauled into the office to verify my identity to get bypassed.
Pro-tip: Take off your glasses (if you are wearing them) for a quicker detection.
Boarding the World Dream Cruise
With all the procedures done, it’s finally time to step on board the World Dream cruise ship with another round of SafeEntry check-in to the ship.
Signs around the path to the gangway bid goodbye to me saying “Thank You For Visiting Singapore”. How I wish I was heading overseas though.
Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore uses a modern automated gangway similar to an aerobridge, so this made me feel like I was flying instead.
There is a desk to tap-in to the ship using your room key before heading up to your stateroom. You will need to tap in to such stations wherever you go around the ship as part of contact tracing, since the TRACEY device doesn’t track your location.
Report to Muster Station
With Safe Management Measures in place, the usual safety briefing as a group is not conducted. Instead, each person goes down individually to report to the Muster Station, tapping the room key on the counter. This is where you need to be in the unlikely event of an emergency.
The Palace Priority Boarding Elevator and Butler Escort
Not the actual Palace Priority Elevator yet, but an elevator in the regular shaft is reserved for Palace guests only during boarding, ushered by a Butler. The Butler will then direct you to your Palace Suite.
The safety briefing is conducted as the ship departs from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore over the PA system, with staff around the ship performing the safety briefing.
Once everything is done, it’s time to enjoy the cruise!
Book your World Dream The Palace Luxury Cruise To Nowhere here!
World Dream Super Seacation Cruise To Nowhere
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina South Pier MRT Station to Marina Bay Cruise Centre by Bus
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to Marina South Pier, Downtown & Tanjong Pagar MRT Stations
- Dream Cruises Free Shuttle Bus Service from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to HarbourFront Centre / Singapore Cruise Centre
- COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test & Boarding Procedures at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- Interior Stateroom with Single Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Queen-Sized Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Aft Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Balcony Deluxe Stateroom (with bathtub)
- The Palace (Tour)
- All-Inclusive Free Dining & Additional Specialty Restaurants
- WiFi, Facilities, Activities & Entertainment
- DreamElite Member Free Drinks and Discounted Drinks Packages
- Disembarkation & COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: Priority COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, Check-In & Boarding Lounge at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: On-Board Upgrade from Balcony Stateroom to Palace Suite
- The Palace: Palace Suite with Queen-Sized Bed
- The Palace: Palace Suite with with Twin Beds
- The Palace: All-Inclusive Free Premium Specialty Restaurants
- The Palace: Exclusive Palace Facilities including 24 Hour Dedicated Butler
- The Palace: Priority Disembarkation at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- World Dream Halal-Friendly Cruise To Nowhere: Asia Pacific’s First Halal-Friendly Cruise Ship
- Rhythm of Korea Themed Cruise (21 February to 30 March 2021)
- Amazing Thailand Themed Cruise (31 March to 16 June 2021)
- World Dream: Cruising during Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) at 25% Capacity
- Wonders of Japan Themed Cruise (20 June to 18 September 2021)
- World Dream: Bridge Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Galley Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Medical Centre Tour with COVID-19 Response Plan [Exclusive!]