From 20 June to 18 September 2021, the World Dream features Wonders of Japan-themed sailings as part of a series of Around the world on World Dream cruises. During my cruise in July, I headed around the ship for some Japan-themed activities to see what these themed additions are like to the already many activities and facilities available on board.
World Dream Wonders of Japan Themed Cruise
I have scanned the on-board brochure on the Wonders of Japan themed cruise for your reference.
Wonderful Scenes of Japan
Two locations on board the World Dream have Japanese-themed scenes for photo taking or for you to pretend that you are in Japan.
Furano Lavender Fields
Now that nightlife can’t operate since Circuit Breaker, the foam pool at Zouk Beach Club (Deck 17 Aft) now houses a lavender field like in Furano, Hokkaido.
There’s a path to walk through the field where you can snap a souvenir photo.
And being RailTravel Station, I brought along some of my Plarail for a little photoshoot. Here’s the now-defunct JR Hokkaido Furano Express KiHa 80 series returning back to “Furano”. The Furano Express linked Sapporo and Furano directly for tourists to visit the lavender fields.
Kyoto Senbon Torii (Thousand Torii Gates)
Beside the bar at Zouk Beach Club (Deck 17 Aft), where the Thai Street Market used to be, there’s a mockup of the famous Torii Gates at Fushimi Inari Shrine.
At a selected time during the cruise, there’s also a crew member dressed in yukata here for photo opportunities.
And yes, I brought along a JR West Nara Line 103 Series for photos as well.
The Nara Line local serves Inari Station which is the closest station to Fushimi Inari Shrine.
Yukata Fashion Runway
Before the start of the Faith show in the Zodiac Theatre (Deck 7 Forward), there was an additional Yukata Fashion Runway featured, with performing crew dressed up in Japanese costumes.
… and more
As I was booked in The Palace enjoying Palatial stuff, I didn’t really explore the on board activities this time round as there were luxurious stuff to attend to throughout the day.
I will update this post again next month when I cruise (yes, again) in a Balcony Stateroom instead.
World Dream Super Seacation Cruise To Nowhere
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina South Pier MRT Station to Marina Bay Cruise Centre by Bus
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to Marina South Pier, Downtown & Tanjong Pagar MRT Stations
- Dream Cruises Free Shuttle Bus Service from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to HarbourFront Centre / Singapore Cruise Centre
- COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test & Boarding Procedures at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- Interior Stateroom with Single Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Queen-Sized Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Aft Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Balcony Deluxe Stateroom (with bathtub)
- The Palace (Tour)
- All-Inclusive Free Dining & Additional Specialty Restaurants
- WiFi, Facilities, Activities & Entertainment
- DreamElite Member Free Drinks and Discounted Drinks Packages
- Disembarkation & COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: Priority COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, Check-In & Boarding Lounge at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: On-Board Upgrade from Balcony Stateroom to Palace Suite
- The Palace: Palace Suite with Queen-Sized Bed
- The Palace: Palace Suite with with Twin Beds
- The Palace: All-Inclusive Free Premium Specialty Restaurants
- The Palace: Exclusive Palace Facilities including 24 Hour Dedicated Butler
- The Palace: Priority Disembarkation at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- World Dream Halal-Friendly Cruise To Nowhere: Asia Pacific’s First Halal-Friendly Cruise Ship
- Rhythm of Korea Themed Cruise (21 February to 30 March 2021)
- Amazing Thailand Themed Cruise (31 March to 16 June 2021)
- World Dream: Cruising during Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) at 25% Capacity
- Wonders of Japan Themed Cruise (20 June to 18 September 2021)
- World Dream: Bridge Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Galley Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Medical Centre Tour with COVID-19 Response Plan [Exclusive!]