To kickstart my Palace experience, I got a steak from Prime Steakhouse by Mark Best to welcome myself back to the high life on board the World Dream. Prime Steakhouse by Mark Best is World Dream’s steakhouse, which operates side by side with Seafood Grill by Mark Best with interchangeable menus.
My Butler first came to my Palace Suite to take all my bookings, but the first lunch was a walk-in for any specialty restaurant, so I simply headed down to Deck 8 after.
There was no queue outside Prime Steakhouse for boarding day lunch.
Getting lunch here was fuss-free with a simple handing over of my Palace key card to the restaurant captain and then being ushered into the restaurant.
I was originally ushered to a table in Seafood Grill but requested to have a seat in Prime Steakhouse proper instead. Throughout my meal, I was the only table in the Prime Steakhouse section. Excellent.
Both Prime Steakhouse and Seafood Grill menus are provided by the restaurant. Courses can be mixed from both sides to form a set.
However, the Prime Steakhouse menu combination was already exactly the one that I like, so there was no need for me to mix and match it this time round.
The meal started with filler bread and cold cuts.
The first course is Escargot Bourguignonne, or Burgundy-style Snails in Garlic Herb Butter. These were nicely baked and flavourful just like how I remembered them to be.
The second course is Lobster Bisque, which I forgot to take a photo of, so here’s one I took on my previous Palace cruise. Again, it was smooth.
My additional side of Creamed Spinach was served together with my main.
As the restaurant’s name suggests, I picked the Grilled Beef Tenderloin Filet Mignon. This was nicely medium rare (sorry I forgot to take a photo again), sliced half in height to be placed as two small pieces of steak on the plate.
I had a Creamed Spinach on one of my previous meals here at Prime Steakhouse and thought that it was pretty good, so I ordered an additional side this time round to complement my steak. The dairy stuff in the Creamed Spinach is not too overpowering here in the Prime Steakhouse, and nicely balanced the meal.
For dessert, the Bitter Dark Chocolate Fondant served with Chocolate Fudge Sauce and Vanilla Ice Cream was offered for both sets, and to me this is the best dessert on offer at Prime Steakhouse and Seafood Grill.
A little bit biased since I prefer western food over Chinese when handed an option, but I think the Prime Steakhouse by Mark Best is the best specialty restaurant on offer on board the World Dream. Prices for specialty restaurant sets for Palace guests are hovering around S$68+ if purchased with cash, but it’s about $100+ here at Prime Steakhouse and Seafood Grill. The quality and quantity of food provided also reflects this.
I recommend having at least 2 meals at Prime Steakhouse and Seafood Grill in your Palace cruise so that you can try both menus on offer.
World Dream Super Seacation Cruise To Nowhere
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina South Pier MRT Station to Marina Bay Cruise Centre by Bus
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to Marina South Pier, Downtown & Tanjong Pagar MRT Stations
- Dream Cruises Free Shuttle Bus Service from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to HarbourFront Centre / Singapore Cruise Centre
- COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test & Boarding Procedures at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- Interior Stateroom with Single Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Queen-Sized Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Aft Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Balcony Deluxe Stateroom (with bathtub)
- The Palace (Tour)
- All-Inclusive Free Dining & Additional Specialty Restaurants
- WiFi, Facilities, Activities & Entertainment
- DreamElite Member Free Drinks and Discounted Drinks Packages
- Disembarkation & COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: Priority COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, Check-In & Boarding Lounge at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: On-Board Upgrade from Balcony Stateroom to Palace Suite
- The Palace: Palace Suite with Queen-Sized Bed
- The Palace: Palace Suite with with Twin Beds
- The Palace: All-Inclusive Free Premium Specialty Restaurants
- The Palace: Exclusive Palace Facilities including 24 Hour Dedicated Butler
- The Palace: Priority Disembarkation at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- World Dream Halal-Friendly Cruise To Nowhere: Asia Pacific’s First Halal-Friendly Cruise Ship
- Rhythm of Korea Themed Cruise (21 February to 30 March 2021)
- Amazing Thailand Themed Cruise (31 March to 16 June 2021)
- World Dream: Cruising during Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) at 25% Capacity
- Wonders of Japan Themed Cruise (20 June to 18 September 2021)
- World Dream: Bridge Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Galley Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Medical Centre Tour with COVID-19 Response Plan [Exclusive!]