World Dream Palace Suite Review (November 2021)
I stayed in the Palace Suite on board World Dream again in November 2021. This time round, the cabin and Palace offerings were… different.
Here’s how my Palace Suite cabin looked.
You may want to read my previous Palace Suite experiences here first:
On entering the Palace Suite, the cabin looked as it is.
The Palace Suite comes with a “Dream Bed” which features Italian luxury linens from Frette™, downy duvet, and mountain of pillows.
A welcome fruit platter was on the coffee table by the sofa. This sofa can be converted to a double sofa bed for triple or quadruple sharing.
The balcony that I got this time at 15586 was slightly bigger with a wing jutting out, following the wider ship width ahead. As such, there is extra space to stand outside.
The TV in the Palace Suite has the same layout and colour scheme as the Balcony Stateroom and Balcony Deluxe Stateroom.
A variety of canned drinks, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic, are available for free in the minibar.
The Bottega Gold prosecco which I had last time had been changed to Bottega Rose Gold pinot noir sparkling wine. Personally, I would have liked prosecco since sparkling wine is offered during the Palace Happy Hour already, if ignoring brands.
Snacks are also available, but I didn’t munch on them with so much food available throughout the cruise.
There is a Nespresso machine above the minibar with 3 types of Nespresso capsules – Ristretto, Fortissio Lungo, and Volluto Decaffeinato.
Below, there are instant coffee and tea offerings – the same as the regular Balcony Stateroom and Balcony Deluxe Stateroom.
Masks are provided in a new pouch on the dressing table.
In the Palace Suite bathroom, do you spot a significant change?
Yup, the premium Etro™ premium bath amenities have been replaced with the house brand Crystal Life soaps which are the same as the non-Palace staterooms. This is quite a surprising nerf.
Thankfully, the full suite of toiletries are still placed on the shelf above the sink.
Other than the lack of premium soaps, the shower and bathtub still remains as it is.
Towels are provided in the shelf below the sink.
Other practical information such as charging sockets and wardrobe amenities can be found in previous reviews:
I boarded this November cruise knowing that there had been some other changes to Palace offerings thanks to live tip-offs in the Milelion Cruise Society (Sealions) Telegram group, but the nerf of premium soaps was quite surprising. While it may be a very small touch to the overall Palace experience, the bathroom somehow doesn’t feel quite… palatial now.
If going even further back, Genting Dream seems to have provided Salvatore Ferragamo toiletries and Etro soaps in Balcony when she was homeporting in Singapore pre-COVID.
On top of the soaps, dining options have also been reduced on board The Palace. Click here for more information.
World Dream Super Seacation Cruise To Nowhere
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina South Pier MRT Station to Marina Bay Cruise Centre by Bus
- SBS Transit Bus Service 400 from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to Marina South Pier, Downtown & Tanjong Pagar MRT Stations
- Dream Cruises Free Shuttle Bus Service from Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore to HarbourFront Centre / Singapore Cruise Centre
- COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test & Boarding Procedures at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- Interior Stateroom with Single Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Queen-Sized Bed
- Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Aft Balcony Stateroom with Twin Beds
- Balcony Deluxe Stateroom (with bathtub)
- The Palace (Tour)
- All-Inclusive Free Dining & Additional Specialty Restaurants
- WiFi, Facilities, Activities & Entertainment
- DreamElite Member Free Drinks and Discounted Drinks Packages
- Disembarkation & COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: Priority COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test, Check-In & Boarding Lounge at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- The Palace: On-Board Upgrade from Balcony Stateroom to Palace Suite
- The Palace: Palace Suite with Queen-Sized Bed
- The Palace: Palace Suite with with Twin Beds
- The Palace: All-Inclusive Free Premium Specialty Restaurants
- The Palace: Exclusive Palace Facilities including 24 Hour Dedicated Butler
- The Palace: Priority Disembarkation at Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore
- World Dream Halal-Friendly Cruise To Nowhere: Asia Pacific’s First Halal-Friendly Cruise Ship
- Rhythm of Korea Themed Cruise (21 February to 30 March 2021)
- Amazing Thailand Themed Cruise (31 March to 16 June 2021)
- World Dream: Cruising during Phase 2 (Heightened Alert) at 25% Capacity
- Wonders of Japan Themed Cruise (20 June to 18 September 2021)
- World Dream: Bridge Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Galley Tour [Exclusive!]
- World Dream: Medical Centre Tour with COVID-19 Response Plan [Exclusive!]